Good quality but slower releases?

Here is the examples:
Odyssey
https://mangadex.org/chapter/537846/1
https://mangadex.org/chapter/516745/1
Tritania
https://mangadex.org/chapter/512205/1
https://mangadex.org/chapter/537647/1

I have selected the best chapters quality wise each group released to make a comparison.

Comparing ch 110 with ch 79. Goodness gracious so much firness. Look at their ch 109 if u wanna judge properly

Group Leader
Actually, there is both 109 and 79 and 110 with 78 respectively

so what is this comparing the cleaning trans and type setting ?????? or is it the quality of the images that they get in the forms of raws

Read and compare 109 vs 110
109 is the quantity one. They do like 3 chaps daily.
110 is odysseys and they do 3 per week.

i thought it would win quantity....I mean, i did vote for quality, but still......fandom isn't the brighest star around these type of places.........

I'd rather wait for something with high quality than consume something ... "bad"...
I'm a scanlator, and we translate from english to portuguese, so quality will always be more important to me, and the Odyssey version is better.

The great thing about Mangadex is that you can have both, since no group has exclusive rights over the series.

Having said that, I prefer quality IF there is constancy; we have had enough attempts of former Trash members starting some series and dropping one chapter monthly, being slow because "quality requires time".

i dont see the quality you folks are talking abut unless you talk about the compression they used on the image to make it more pixlated/blerry

Power Uploader
Although it's nice that things are fast, but I prefer quality over quantity. You don't want mistakes on your work or you'll get backlashed by readers or even other people who work for other groups. It's better to have improvement and quality work. I understand most people want it faster because they don't have patience but everyone have lives to attend. They do this on their own accordance. Unless you have so much free time to do this, that's on you and the group's process. It's their own volunteer time to put their lives into this. It's just for enjoyment and fun.

EDIT
Also, this same thing happen between Timeless Leaf Scans vs Silver Leaf Scans. One of them was horrible quality but was uploaded in quantity. The other was quality work but took forever to update. They had a war and eventually they gave up and just did what they do. Ignore each other's work and just upload the way they want to upload it.

The thing is...after trash left this series, it was picked up by tritania and they have been doin it for a month. Now after a whole month odysseys pops up and just release a new chap and start claiming quality. They are the ones doing * i was trash* aswell and look at its pace

Honestly speaking I don't see much difference between Tritina's ch.109 and Odyssey scans' ch.110. Are you sure you are trying to give the readers quality instead of just taking over a series that recently gained a quick rise in popularity because of fast releases? Surely at the beginning the quality was bad, but the group has grown and quality increased enough to compete with big groups. And same goes for release speed. Honestly.... You are just sniping them. Accusing them of stealing the series after 1 month and 31 chapters of time doesn't seem like the right thing to do. Shouldn't you have started complaining...earlier?

No for ODYSSEY TO SLOW FOR RELEASE. I will choose fast release than waiting more than a week and sometimes no release in a week. Like God of martial arts to slow i will choose quantity that quality please dont take away this on tritinia im satisfied and willing to donate because its to fast the important is good translation + fast release not the quality of the image and its more than one month of work for the tritinia. If this happens its give a boring waiting.

Dex-chan lover
but then u cant ignore the fact that trashscanlation did about 50 chapters... tbh i agree with chabry but by doing so, oddysey would be ignored because of their slow release (but maybe some people that prefers quality will ignore tritinia... totally would) if u want to "quality" how about just doing it together? (idk the procedure but) if tritinia has bad quality image just ask them to do the translating and oddysey to do the editing... but i guess tritania's speed will be slowed... but for the sake of quality?

1 question is the "quality" the one effecting the release speed or is it the one that is working on it does not have time?

i'm more into Quantity. maybe the reason is, I am not a native English speaker, most of time it's readable. i really didn't know how bad the translation is.

The quality of the faster one is good enough and the Speed of the one with better quality ist simply to slow also they have enough good Mangas they can Focus on so i dont See the Point in also taking this Manga AS Well

Users who are viewing this thread