Mokuyoubi wa Kimi to Nakitai

WTF!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I want to bang my head until it breaks.

for those who don't wanna read ch1 and want a layman's stab at the story direction

mc is a cross dressing guy who is doing so for his mom's sake bc she was devastated over the death of his twin sister so she's likely projecting her desire/grief onto her remaining son (the mc) by making him cross dress and having him act as his twin sister

the main love interest introduced in ch1 is a popular female model who goes to the same school but is lesbian or bi (since tags indicate a het romance, hence probably bi at some point in the story?).

if i had to assume the general plotline...the mc will probably pretend to stay a woman and main love interest will fall in love with "her" and they'll go out but he'll have kept his crossdressing secret for too long to reveal to her without destroying their relationship or something.

also the mc's childhood friend is probably either gay for him or the cause of the mc's twin sis death

Huge spoiler on the story
The main character Kaoru is one of two twins. His sister Kaede died when they were little falling off a cliff, leaving his mother in shock. That's when the MC decided to dress up as Kaede so his mother can continue living her life (she's quite insane nevertheless).

In the current day, Kaoru decided to live on his own while being a student.
He often talks with his childhood friend (who is not gay; he was in love with Kaede for a long time, this is why it is hard for him to see Kaoru dress up & pose as Kaede).

When he meets Reika, Kaoru asks her if she's into girls, but she tells him that she actually isn't (it's probably due to her "traumatic" childhood where her parents didn't give her any love; she met Saotome-san at her high school and felt some kind of connection with her after she stood up to bullies engaging Reika).

Kaoru also gets to meet Saotome-san, who is also a cross dresser (she is a girl dressing up as a boy), what is only discovered later when there is only one female toilet available and she confesses being a girl.

Reika is getting closer to Kaoru because she wants to get closer to Saotome-san again and discovers that Kaoru is a cross dresser, confronting Kaorus childhood friend with her findings. Meanwhile Saotome is still oblivious to the fact that Kaoru is a man although she met Kaorus mother and learned about Kaorus & Kaedes past.

To be honest I don't really see any romance so far. It's just inter-relationship drama spiced up with the "trap" theme.
All tags except the Drama tag should be re-evaluated and probably removed.

Group Leader
@Asriel Thank you for your feedback!

So I've gone ahead and removed the "mystery" and "psychological" tags. Upon retrospect mystery was not a good tag to have since there really aren't any mysteries as there are "reveals" in the series. "Psychological" was more so because of the mom and
how Reika kinda strings the characters along
but even then those wouldn't really qualify for the tag.

I still think tragedy and romance can still be applied to this series considering some of the character's backstrories and where the story appears to be going imo. However these can still be changed if need be.

Also I am still unsure whether or not to leave the series as "shounen". Looking back at GANMA's catalog it might be more accurate to put something like "shoujo" since that seems like girls/women are more so their demographic.

@madbottler
I mean if there's any one that can pull it of it's japanese/koreans since they do in general have more effeminate body features than most other cultures.

Contributor
@Alsimec

Actually thats a myth, because most people don't live there and don't know the ins and outs of a race they don't see the minor differences that people of that race pick up. They aren't as feminine as we as westerners perceive them as.

It works in reverse as well, i know a Phillipino lady who got fired for misgendering a ciswoman repeatedly since she kept assuming the woman was trans or a man since she was tall and broad shouldered.

@descending_angel87
Yes that's right of course, I was referring to comparisons betweeen males of asian ethnicity compared with males of other ethnicities, which would not be relevant to a all-japanese manga :)

Group Leader
So the guy's name is "Saotome" which translates to "young girl"... I see what the author is doing.

fhq

The art is good, much better than the story necessitates. In any case, I'm hoping for a victory for the childhood friend since those don't ever come.

So its like this:
Manly guy -> trap guy -> model girl -> tomboy. It would turn more interesting if tomboy falls for the big guy.

Users who are viewing this thread