Isekai wo Seigyo Mahou de Kirihirake! - Vol. 3 Ch. 25 - City of Dwarves

Dex-chan lover
Karl Lind was a damn busy guy. As if he was a player who needed to clear every single quest.

Dex-chan lover
@Kaarme Since this is technically an isekai (there's no solid evidence that the MC is actually isekai'd rather than just having isekai visions), that really wouldn't surprise me, since most isekai protagonists tend to be gamers.

Though, now that you said that, it makes me think it'd be amusing if there was an isekai with an obsessive completionist gamer who can't leave even the most minuscule side quest undone; though, it'd probably be funnier if it was told from the perspective of their absolutely-frustrated-with-their-shit party members.

Dex-chan lover
@Vincentius Yeah. Although it depends on the game, but some games have a wide spectrum of quests, containing good, neutral, and evil ones, all available to the player. I reckon the local party members would indeed be frustrated if the hero didn't turn down even the wicked ones.

Dex-chan lover
@Kaarme That's a good point; I was thinking more of the absolutely endless fetch quests you get in MMOs: "Hey, brave hero who could smite me where I stand with a sneeze, can you take this love letter to the busty chick three doors down from me even though I could totally take it myself? I'll give you five bucks!" or the inane quests you get from the positively appallingly written child characters (looking at you, Bethesda).

But that would make for an interesting character, for sure, if their compulsion to clear all the quests resulted in them taking on the morally dubious ones... To say nothing of the ones that directly conflict with one another (like "Protect the King from Assassins!" vs "Assassinate the King!"). Or things you can't do in a single new game cycle (like the Twin Princes Greatsword from Dark Souls 3, for an example off the top of my head, where you have to be minimum NG+ to make it).

Double-page supporter
It feels like the "Karl Lind" people knew about was actually a golem made from various monsters' body parts, while the guy himself never appeared in public.

Group Leader
Wow, THanks bro TipToe, Lurkinglight, Onoodle, Pokoj, DarkTopHat
to make this Project
great ...
@TipToe

[Silent_Reader]

Dex-chan lover
Actually, this seems like a webnovel I read where the drop-in is plonked into his own RPG setting.... but it's his dead friend that became the much-loved, all-knowing protagonist many, many years before he arrived.

Users who are viewing this thread