Ability to add links to other outside databases. :implemented:

Contributor
In addition to MAl and MU, we should be able to add links to Kitsu, Animeplanet, etc.

Power Uploader
You can do that if you have the "Contributor" or The PU rule, but I thinking holo hasn't add the sites you are talking about but it has some other site like the official site raws etc.

Contributor
I'm aware that you need those roles to edit the pages. That's not what I'm talking about.
Just thought it would be nice to be able to add in some more sites as options to choose from when you're making the links. So its not only MAL/MU that you can choose from in terms of tracker sites.

Instrumentality Instigator
Staff
Super Moderator
We're open to the idea. We'll need the url format of those sites, though.

Contributor
All pages on Kitsu got an unique Kitsu ID similarly to how it is on MAL and MU so the links should be able to be created with that. Idk how you made it so that just inputting the id for mal/mu on here created the link though, so if you need any special info for that to work I can try to find it.
Animeplanet i'm not sure what url format they got. Would have to research that.

Btw, how/is there a way to see if you got notfications on the forum yet? Didn't see your reply until now since I didn't check the forum thread manually.

K

Group Leader
Pretty excited for this since for whatever reason, not all dbs carry the same titles. The A-P format is https://www..anime-planet.com/manga/[something-goes-here] and the "something" is usually the main title. Example: https://www.anime-planet.com/manga/the-gamer

VIP
It'd be nice having this site as a central jump point for all the different manga indexes out there.

K

Group Leader
Still interested in this. If you need further data on url formats for sites like Anilist, A-P, etc., I could try digging something up? Not really sure what else I should be looking for though. ?

Users who are viewing this thread