Kingdom - Vol. 54 Ch. 588 - Right Wing's Headquarters

Fed-Kun's army
I hope Ouhon dies, I really do. I mean, he obviously won't, at least not now, since he hasn't really done much to warrant all the attention he's been getting so far, but he's just such an unlikeable character. How am I supposed to care that he's a bastard son when he's spent hundreds of chapters just being an ass with no endearing qualities? The sympathy train left the station long ago.

Kanki is about to burn the city's food storages, make the citizens panic and open the main gate. It wouldn't surprise me if he even poison the water.

@boldmonkey Being one of three up-and-coming commanders that can actually devise and strategies without requiring another to do them for him, like most generals. And not copping out on so called "instinctive-type" bullshit.

Lets be real: I like Shit Shin as well as the next guy, but he isn't any less undeserving of "attention" than Ouhon is if that's your angle. Ouhon didn't get to where he was was with a thumb up his ass, the same as Shin, but I'd be a lying dirtbag if I didn't feel annoyance every time Shin behaves like simpleton when his contemporaries are engaging in discussion he should be well enough knowledgeable in by now.

Fed-Kun's army
@Geneaux
What I meant with the part about the attention he's gotten is that the author won't kill him off until he's had enough plot impact to warrant all the page-time he's received, if he kills him off at all. I don't know what happens to the historical Ouhon. But I'd sure like to see him disappear, unlikeable bore that he is. Even a sadistic sociopath like Kanki manages to be more entertaining and endearing than Ouhon, while at the same time serving a purpose as an anti-hero, while Ouhon talks trash even to his only friend and acts like he's some tragic character when all he has is a father who didn't pay attention to him. Ouhon's served a purpose in motivating Shin, but that's wearing thin at this point.

@boldmonkey I don't see the author killing him off at this point. From an entirely practical standpoint, he's self-sufficient as a commander like Mouten. Which makes him an asset to Qin, which needs new generations of soldiers to run the new expanding kingdom. Shin's an extraordinary workhorse sure, but compared to the others? He's a drag. I'm more interested in Ousen, the overall outcome of this battle, and as you've highlighted, w/e Kanki is doing at this point.

Also, I know I'm shitting on Shin, but does he even need something like "motivation"? He's a textbook example of a loud shounen main character, but unlike the rest of them, he's had hardly a 'low point' in his career. Almost full-steam since day one... but I guess that isn't entirely true for Shin? Like "motivation" for him is like going from 12-out-of-10 to 15-out-of-10.

Can you imagine being Houken? Waiting days and days nearby, only to find out that when it's finally your turn the enemy just leaves and takes the city closing the gates in your face. It's like waiting all day at the newest ride in the theme park only to find out when it's your turn that it's closed and you have to come back next day. There's a word for that right?

Fed-Kun's army
@Geneaux
I don't see him being killed off either.
>From an entirely practical standpoint, he's self-sufficient as a commander like Mouten
Well, it seemed so, up until now, but Mouten saved his whole wing, and now the Hi Shin seems about to do the same for theirs while Ouhon got smacked up.

@DexerMang
"Sucker"? Is Houken even interested in fighting the commanders of this battle?

Users who are viewing this thread