Horimiya - Vol. 13 Ch. 95 - Sweetness, 60 Points

Dex-chan lover
Wow, double chapter. New translator sure hype for his work.

Aggregator gang
SAKURA IS MY BAE 😭😭😭
so sweet so cute so so so so wholesome

Hmm, I prefer the old romanization tough. It shows which accent is long and which is short. While ou and ō is the same (read as long o) , it's different to o (read short), and thus refer to different word/character.

Dex-chan lover
Interesting romanization changes, considering they mean the names are pronounced differently. Of course it doesn't matter super much in a silent medium like manga, but interesting nonetheless.

Dex-chan lover
Not a fan of the new romanizations, since, y'know, those are not their real names. It might look better in English since, say, "Kouno" or "Kyousuke" might confuse newbies as to their pronounciation, but this being a manga why would that matter?

Group Leader
Not really a fan of that kind of romanization rule. Well, sure, some proper nouns have been truncated for easier and legible pronunciation (Toukyou > Tokyo). But if you start applying this rule to everything, you're bound to create some words/names that would be hilariously misleading.

Fed-Kun's army
People really have such a short memory they actually forget the characters that are here from chapter 8 ?

Banned
This whole serie is so sweet and wholesome that it becomes the most unrealistic thing I ever read and that is een counting wish fufillment isekai.

@Aoiteshi 100% agree. The only advantage I can see is that it saves a letter here or there, but I don't see how opening yourself to the possibility ambiguities (e.g. not a name but soutou (fairly) -> soto (outside) ) is an acceptable sacrifice, let alone the fact that changing e.g. Souta to Sota and Shuu to Shu actually changes the implied pronunciation noticeably.

VIP
good for her find her own circle.. she also deserved a partner...

Not going to lie, I miss the earlier chapters. The main characters and their interactions. Been on side stories so long I've started to lose interest.

That note about romanisation made me realise, I do remember those characters!
Thanks for the added description, that really helped!

Users who are viewing this thread