Dex-chan lover
You can't make someone love you just because you love them asshole

Man confesses, gets turned down, he isn't sad, she asks why he isn't sad, he replies: I didn't lose someone that loved me, but you lost someone that loved you.

Dex-chan lover
So it was craze.

Poor dude, to think so highly of yourself but also have an inferiority complex. Can't imagine a more terrible combination of mental issues.

He's really pushing for the 7 sins too. All he's got left is Sloth and Gluttony. And that's generous if you don't count him not doing anything to win her affection, expecting it to come to him, as a form of Sloth.

Aggregator gang
Lol the man has serious emotional issues about wanting to be wit u and I try to friend zone him to make me feel better?! Hahahaha even I cudnt help but facepalm when I read that🤣

Dex-chan lover
@Vasqueztion
That's not entirely true, though. He works under the principle that strength equals success in romance, and he worked hard to be strong (I assume).

Dex-chan lover
@AlmondMagnum
Pride

And in stories like these, it's safe to assume no one, besides those purely in the 'protagonist party', trained or worked for anything.
They either obtained their power through genetics, making them "geniuses" or through unsavory methods- which will be exploited later by said protagonist party, should the story deem it.

Assuming Xing He gets the treasure, he (or someone else) is going to have to kill Ling Yu. Obsessed people don't react well to losing.

Dex-chan lover
@Vasqueztion
I'd say that in those stories, the ratio of strength to effort is strongest for the MC by far. Then the rivals. Then the random peons.

I mean, they all work hard(-ish), but the MCs are the ones who overturn everyone's concept of "strong" or "genius" or "impossible" and fall ass backwards into the throne of the strongest. And they get that way mostly thanks to some lucky find. Then you have the rivals who are there for the MC to overcome and who, except for the very first ones, are strong enough that a victory over them will impress the peanut gallery. Sure, they dominate the randos mostly through talent and money, but they can't be completely lazy either.

Dex-chan lover
@AlmondMagnum
Contextually, I agree with you. They obviously couldn't have gotten that way without hard work and training. However, this isn't about them and never will be. And putting in your own lore only gets you so far. These stories are simple for ease.

You see most antagonists in these stories have always been that strong. Even on the rare occurrence of a flashback, it's typically a, "no one has ever stood against me, so why now?" Type of plot. It becomes less about flipping-the-script and more of a moral like, "don't be an egotistical prick." Which of course is usually their downfall. They looked down on the protagonist and didnt take them seriously.
This, of course, changes should the author have other goals for said antagonist, usually being a redemption and subsequent moving to 'protagonist party'.

TL:DR you're right, but also not. It's weird when it comes to manhua...

EDIT: Just realized I could have made a, "That's how Manhua works" joke... I've failed the memes...

Users who are viewing this thread