Slow loading and images timeout

Contributor
Hello, i continue to get this issue with mangadex (only) and i'm not able to find a solution, pratically the website loading time is very slow and sometimes the strips aren't loaded at all or all images trouncated.
Is very painfull, everytime i open a chapter it took 10 minutes to load and even if it load not all images are shown.

I tried everything, i only have a benefit using TOR, with TOR pages load in a reasonable amount of time without any evident lag. Also i noticed that in the afternoon the website load much better (maybe because Us people is sleeping, i'm from Eu).

I'm using firefox and opennic anycast dns. With all other manga "aggregators" i don't have any issue to load chapters even the whole strips of 40+ pages, every hour of the day.

If someone have any tips to improve my issue is welcome.

Contributor
Having the same problem. Some chapter (especially chapters with many pages, usually monthly manga) take a time to load. The forums even takes at least 5 mins to load.

Contributor
Yes, the forum is affected too, everything on this server. Glad i'm not the only one affected.

Maybe they need to expand further the capacity? I guess the infrastructure is already very pricey , they can open a donation widget in case.

Staff
Admin
Site loads instantly. It's called cached, so you aren't actually taxing the server. At all.

Maybe try a tracert and see if you are getting slow routing to the site?

Contributor
Tracing is ok, pinging is ok, no pack loss and load instantly. The only issue i have is through the browser.

PING www.mangadex.com (104.18.55.65): 56 data bytes
64 bytes from 104.18.55.65: seq=0 ttl=57 time=39.181 ms
64 bytes from 104.18.55.65: seq=1 ttl=57 time=38.999 ms
64 bytes from 104.18.55.65: seq=2 ttl=57 time=38.636 ms
64 bytes from 104.18.55.65: seq=3 ttl=57 time=38.550 ms
64 bytes from 104.18.55.65: seq=4 ttl=57 time=38.205 ms

With Tor work better so it can be a routing issue or maybe dns, but still very odd, everything else work very well, only with this server i have these issues.

If anyone have more tips.

Contributor
Yep, but is the same result since the com redirect to the org.

In the end is not a big deal, i just use the site in these hours or Tor to change routing, i want just report my experience and maybe admins can talk to the server service and improve the connection for the people affected.

Power Uploader
MangaDex uses CloudFlare, so you're either being routed to the wrong CF region or CF is throttling your connection.

I recommend you run a trace route to mangadex.org and check to see which hop has the highest delay

JM3oQD0.png

Contributor
There does seem to be something going on. Over the past few days, there seems to be some sort of connection/lag issue. For example, while reading something, it will be fine, then it will just sit on one image- sometimes as long as a minute before finally going to the next. This can occur for several "pages" then it will clear up for a few before starting again. Also, just now, while trying to get to the forums, it wouldn't go there. Took a bit before it finally loaded.

While waiting for the forums to load, I did a tracert and got a timeout at the start on line 2, with line 1 showing less than 1ms, and the remaining lines ranging from 11 to 22 ms., pattern being similar to the post above this one in how the times were spread. Also cleared cache, etc just in case it was the system.

Contributor
After doing several test in the last days i noticed that resetting my router and changing ip do the trick 95% of the times and the download of images back to full speed (while with the issue is blocked at 50-60 kb/sec).
I also noticed that loading only text (like the following personal page or the forum) is almost instant while loading the images is very slow (avatar included).

Unfortunately, even changing the ip, after some hours the sympton is back, but is not constant, sometimes is more blatant, sometimes do not occur at all and after a while all back to full speed, maybe there is some sort of query blocking when too much requests are done or heavy content is loaded at the same time, but is odd since i load only a chapter at the time (full strip).

Blocking javascript also don't do any significant effect, trace route is also ok, no evident bottleneck or delays.

Not a breaking issue since is not a 24/7 problem but is a interesting mistery.

I've had this same issue as well, all other manga sites work fine. This is a 2 month old thread but its the only one i could find lol, this issue started the moment the new design for the site came through. When i tested the beta version of the site last week when there was an option too i started getting load issues so i switched back to the old one but since we can't do that i figured i'd say my piece.

Staff
Admin
@Jesotku

If it's image load issues our image servers are currently running at max capacity. We are in the process of moving the several hundred thousand chapters across to another server. When we make it public we will have double the bandwidth and images are gonna load faster.

Site lag there is a delay on loading the first time while your cache is being built, after that it's faster until the next cache.

Rather, the site popularity has consistently accelerated over time. This period is especially bad because of the mandatory NEETdom that still applies to many people.

I didnt run into this problem until just recently but i logged out of my account and everything went back to its normal speed

I definitely don’t doubt that Corona-chan is to blame, but I would bet that it’s also because of Manga Rock’s shut down a couple of months ago, and therefore there are way more people who migrated from MR who are now using Mangadex as their go-to place for manga releases. Myself included.

Users who are viewing this thread