Author who here read wheel of time or malazan?
Zoce OP
Zoce OP
i am just looking for peopel who read these novels so i can be friends with them and maybe get some of thier recommendation. i found people who like those have good taste. also the novels are good. wheel of time feels like anime in novels.
I read through Malazan years ago. It was a good read in spite of the authors love for meandering story threads that often didn't go anyplace exciting. If you like epic stories, check out series like Mistborn, Codex Alera, and the Powdermage trilogy.

I would be interested in any recommendations from you as well.
Hey there, friend!
Yeah, WoT showed me what fantasy can be.
I don't know Malazan though.

I agree with @Drifter about Mistborn. (It's written by Brandon Sanderson. The name should be familiar to you?) It leans a bit more in the Young Adult direction, in my opinion.
I find Brandon Sanderson in general to always be a good choice. I am currently listening through his Stormlight Archive series and I am quite impressed.

I did not have a good experience with Codex Alera but that might be because I read the german translation and I have the feeling that the translators did not do their best job...

If I may recommend a Sci-Fi series (I consider Sci-Fi and Fantasy two sides of the same coin), I would suggest Ann Leckie's Imperial Radch trilogy (Ancillary Justice,...).
Hello! I have no recommendation to give, since after I read WoT I haven't been able to read that kind of fantasy anymore ?
I simply knew that nothing could compete with it... Sanderson is a good suggestion though.
Do you know that Amazon is working on a WoT series? If it'll be successful, there's enough material to last tens of seasons!
actually i do not read it yet
I'm currently reading Malazan book of the fallen. Anything by Glen Cook should be similar experience, for example his The Black Company series. The Song of Ice and Fire is great(the show turned into shitty fanfiction).
What about Zelazny's Chronicles of Amber?