Haru's Curse - Vol. 2 Ch. 5 - September (Part 2)

Dex-chan lover
...The fuck? I know she loved Touga, but the sudden abandonment of her sister after everything that they've gone through and how little her and him have been together and how he didn't seem to be the most engaging and outgoing boyfriend is... just weird as fuck to me. I get the "I wouldn't want my sister to date my fiancee even if I'm dead" - that's understandable. But the whole "I'd even rather drag my sister to hell rather than make my short-term fiancee from an arranged marriage unhappy" is just... Wow... That's... Considering how close the two sisters were, that's just so abrupt and weird to be seeing. And, jesus, talk about one hell of a gut punch. Imagine if your onee-chan had found that account before you died, imouto. Fuck me...

Fed-Kun's army
welp, i can understand why she doesn't want her sister to marry her fiance. but the 'person to drag to hell' part, that was hella creepy

Fed-Kun's army
Goddam. Especially consy this is the personC loved the most. Just damn. She really didn't rate her sister at all

that's really gotta hurt; she loved her sister like hell and she just goes and throws her away like that... she's aware of her selfish feelings ofc but it's devastating for natsumi since she loved and cared for haru so much

Dex-chan lover
Damn this is metal.

This is what I don't like in romances. Relationships are ending just because of a girl/boy the other just met. It's sad.

This is such a... dark story...

Honestly, that's so selfish even in her death bed... WOW JUST WOW.

That's REAL MATURE, lADY.

People are saying pretty harsh things about Haru, but she’s a teenager (she’s taking university entrance exams so she can’t be older than 19) dying from cancer (leukemia from the sound of it). Being on your deathbed can make you pretty mentally unstable.

This was an amazing chapter. I wasn't expecting the mangaka to add a chapter that shows the POV of the younger sister. I agree with @tinavy though... it seems that Haru was slowly realizing she was going to die young and her ability to marry will vanish. I can she why she had dark thoughts.

Adding onto those defending Haru - despite how painful and shocking her thoughts were, they felt completely realistic and even natural. I'm sure Haru loved her sister, but she was deeply jealous of Natsumi and struggling to come to terms with the fact that she would never even have the chance to become more mature like Natsumi. Easy to see how that admiration could turn to resentment.

I also think closer relationships have more complex emotions, for example Haru's idealized love towards her distant boyfriend vs her lifelong relationship with her sister. Plus I think it's easier to take those relationships + people for granted. Anyway, this chapter was so good. ;-;

Haru is 19. Not 12. She’s showing her petted-up status, not her age. She feels entitled to Tougo bc everything else has been given to her. Natsumi is a complex character used to dealing with setbacks and judgments. So Haru resents that she can’t have the interesting durable character her sister has while still wanting to just be given what Natsumi had to work hard for? Yuck.

Users who are viewing this thread