DDoS Update: Good News, Everyone!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Instrumentality Instigator
Staff
Super Moderator
I know everyone has been pretty despondent about the state of MangaDex for the last couple of days. But brighter days are ahead!

We can reveal that we have pinpointed the issue. Following our growth over the Christmas period, it appears that our bandwidth usage has exceeded the acceptable limits of CloudFlare's free plan. The DDoS yesterday appears to have been the final straw.

We are currently examining all of our options and will keep everyone informed as to what our next move will be. Watch this space.

Edit: If anyone wishes to support us, we won't turn them down. However, we haven't finalized any plans just yet.

Here is our support page: https://mangadex.org/support

Update: We are currently waiting for Cloudflare's billing services to be restored so we can purchase a plan from them. After we do so, the site should go back to normal.

Contributor
Great to hear! I hope everything goes well in restoring everything to normal.

Just chipped in, it’s the least I could do since I finally found a job. Keep up the great work

Glad to hear that things are getting better! Thank you, and best of luck!

The best way now.
is buying an additional domain: mangadexcdn.org
then transfer all images to: image.mangacdn.org
then turn on cdn of cloudflare. That's it.

Sorry for my bad English. But this is the programmer's advice

that explains the cloudflare server round trip times... But there's a few more bucks for ya'll.

But feel free to share the DDoS logs, I'm sure a few of us are interested. 😄

If you end up putting adds, please don't put adds like F***ing mangarock that have videos pop up or full screen adds that pop up all of the sudden (is horrible on mobile).
Also, any consideration on making a cellphone app?
Not that the site or the mangas are looking bad on mobile but an app that would like, send you a notification about the manga that you follow or a daily notification telling you what manga you are following updated that day (something like the "webtoon" app)
Thanks for the hard work

hqdefault.jpg

@Grumpyfelo, I doubt it'll come to adds.

As for the app, I doubt it. Apps are a pain in the arse. Andriod requires Java + Andriod package knowladge and iProducts are retardedly hard to get approved. A better option would be a mobile/cell/whatever specific sub domain and build a site for those platforms. But I haven't done web dev since '09 so.. Who knows. lol.

And yes I know I'm off topic but meh.. 😅

Nice, though I'm kinda used to slow loading, it right now loads at the same speed as at my grandma's house, but cool that you're working on a fix to this problem!

Temporarily using manga rock because this is just impossible to use lol

Hoping for the best since I love this site.

Thanks for the great work,
Pedro

Good luck with your nerd stuff bois I pray for your safety against evil russian hackers <3

Dex-chan lover
Thanks for the heads-up!
I personally took the last weekend as life forcing me to take a break from reading mangas so i dont mind. Anyway, thanks a lot for the hard works!

I wont side with the apps suggestion since it wont solve nor ease the current problem and the apps would need the same access to the server anyway. Adding more task to the current task would only weigh u guys down so i dont want that.

Fed-Kun's army
If the app plan ever comes to fruition, I'm game with helping develop the Android version. Anyway, thanks for keeping us updated on the status.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread