Favorite Anime OST

Contributor
When bored I find myself listening to tons of anime OSTs and pretending that I don't have any work to do (even though I almost always do)

What anime OSTs, or OSTs in general if you want, do you listen to often or like a lot? Recently I fell in love with the OST for Made in Abyss, and although some OSTs sound absolutely abysmal (Like Maid Dragon's which has nothing going for it but the op and ed, fight me if you think otherwise), I think a lot of them sound really amazing.

Power Uploader
I enjoy listening to the Overlord OST; I either reread the Overlord LN or play HoI4(Hearts of Iron 4) while listening to it.

I listen to Eureka 7 and Madoka OST quite often. Other anime I mostly just enjoy a few tracks from their OST like Monogatari series, Steins Gate, MiA, Houseki no Kuni, Kyousougiga.

Madoka Magica OST and the Instrumental remix is decent if you like to uplift some mood

Overlord OST is EPIC ! its making you go YEAH!

Most of Nasuverse OST are decent with some epic and muscular rock and sometimes blues here and there , else just generic

This is maybe my favorite , i've been following Yu-Gi-Oh! Sound Duel from Duel Monsters to Arc-V , its superb , but if you are following the anime , you'll notice that the best one stay unreleased

Another one of my favorite is Gundam OST , from 00 , SEED , SEED/Destiny , and the latest one which also magnificent IBO , feels like you are living rebellion just by listening to them

If you dont mind some sad/emotional i recommend Shigatsu , both OST and Piano track are superb .

And maybe one-punch man for some muscle-building time XD

YES. I WAS WAITING FOR THIS POST.

So, the first one is obviously Kajiura Yuki. (Madoka, Fate/Zero, SAO, etc..) All her songs have the same "theme" who I think is absolutely beautiful.
Hiroyuki Sawano is good too (Shingeki no Kyojin, Kill la Kill, ...)
Takanashi Yasuharu for his lively OST (Fairy Tail, Shiki, ...)
Kanno Yugo for his Psycho-Pass OST
Recently, Kevin Pekin for his awesome work on Made in Abyss !
The OST for the NGNL Movie was pretty good too. Way better than the first season.

Special mention for awesome games who have awesome OSTs :
- Danganronpa (2 and V3 !)
- Umineko no Naku Koro ni (The best OST EVER.)
- Persona 5
- NieR Automata (I'm still crying after nearly 1 year)

Aaaand that's it. There's surely a lot more, but that's all I remember for the moment.
Theses soundtracks are all awesome in their own way. Disagree with me and I dislike you and your dog.

<3

Besides the opening for Cowboy Bebop, still one of the greatest yet?

Opening & Closing for Space Adventure Cobra:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K6JaMLZ3wxU
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TXgCVaypJOo

Contributor
The Aldnoah Zero OST always did something for me.
Monogatari OSTs are classics.
Love Live OST (don't hurt me)
Yuru Camp OST recently, especially the ED.
K-On OST (moe trash is kind of my thing)
Ergo Proxy OST (it even had Radiohead- Paranoid Android,one of my favourite songs of all time.)
that's all I can name off the top of my head.

There's quite a few anime soundtracks I enjoy, but not so many that I actually listen to on their own, but I do have a few.

Panty & Stocking has one hell of a soundtrack, if you remove a few questionable songs (Such as "Juice") and the drama tracks you have something that just works as it's own electronic album, and that is pretty rocking.

FLCL also hits all the right notes for me, but it feels like it's kind of cheating when almost all the songs were already composed by The Pillows beforehand instead of made for the actual anime. But still, it's a soundtrack and it sure has some great tunes.

Honorable mention to Gatchaman Crowds as well, I sometimes put it on when I'm playing dumb card games. It's nice easy listening for when I just wanna chill and play something low-effort.

There are of course a shit-ton of good insert songs and opening themes and what not from other animes as well, but usually when I listen to those it is to reminisce about it instead of just listening to the song for the songs sake.

Dex-chan lover
Trinity Blood has a nice f*ing awesome opening, I watched so many anime and yet and heard so many great osts but nothing else comes to mind...
I think Texhnolyze, Ergo Proxy, Monster, Spice and Wolf, and Zetsuan no Tempest have great openings. Noragami was not bad either.
Aldnoah gave me some good retro vibes, at least one of the endings but I don't remember much.

Oh, shit, nostalgia overload @ Evangelion.
So much great music in anime and yet my brain cannot remember it all, feels kinda meh.

E: Psycho Pass probably had at least one good opening, I don't remember.

Contributor
Anything composed by Yoko Kanno is an absolute treat for the ears. Some notable soundtracks are the ones from Cowboy Bebop, Sakamichi no Apollon, the GITS and Macross series, and Escaflowne. If we're being real though, all the soundtracks she composes are good so there's only good and then better track lists.

TK

Contributor
Blood+ and Death Note and definitely the OST from Your Name from Radwimps.
Also BECK, Shigatsu wa Kimi no Uso, Sakamichi no Apollon and Darker than Black.

I find myself listening to a lot of SnK OSTs recently, especially:
1. Call of Silence
2. Counterattack Mankind
3. So ist es immer

And of course, can't forget Your Lie in April.

Double-page supporter
Almost every track from Rainbow: Nisha Rokubō no Shichinin and Re:Zero kara Hajimeru Isekai Seikatsu.

I don't think the adaption itself is worth watching but I really enjoy the Blade of the Immortal OST. Others that are big for me are Basilisk, Jojo's Bizarre Adventure, Evangelion, Bubblegum Crisis, Ghost in the Shell, Berserk(mostly the films and original anime)and Bokurano: Ours. My biggest is pretty much every Fist of the North Star song though.

I was surprised by this myself but I really enjoy the Parasyte opening.
So far I'm enjoying the Banana Fish one as well, but we'll see what the future holds for that one since only one episode has been released so far.

Others that deserve an honorable mention because of their fun catchiness:
Noragami
Angel Beats
Fullmetal Alchemist Brotherhood
Durarara!!

Faulcouner 's dbz tracks are great even though he himself ain't a great person. That is the biggest induvidual series of tracks that I listen to but I do like a lot of other OSTs.

Don't really have any favorites (as i'm not really into anime that much), but those are the ones that i go back to quite often:

- Aria (can't believe no one's mention it yet)
- Cowboy Bebop (all of it, even knowing that there are some seemingly legitimate concerns regarding music originality)
- Hellsing 2002 (that one's surprisingly good, but people rarely talk about it, probably because everyone and their hamster hates this particular adaptation)
- Darker than black (season 1)
- Kemono Friends
- Puella Magi Madoka Magica (original series)
- Monogatari (individual pieces, but there're quite a lot of them ; mostly those upbeat "jazzy" ones that seem to reference late 60's - mid 70's european cinematography - or at least what it boils down to in my unsophisticated mind: "Bad Bully", "Spasibo!", "Date", "Innocent Prank", "Afterfeel", "Friend", "Etoile et toi", and similar)
- Texhnolyze
- Mawaru Penguindrum

Others that are mostly okay, be it because of their mood building properties or standalone merits ; mostly they just sit there though:

- Fulllmetal Alchemist 2004 ("Dancing" and "Bratja" probably stand out the most, as well as "Requiem", but that one's from "Conqueror of Shamballa")
- Fullmetal Alchemist Brotherhood ("Trisha's Lullaby" obviously, with every instrumental iteration brought back by "Resembool..." tracks)
- Death Note
- Hanasaku Iroha
- Mushishi
- NGE (original series)
- most stuff by Yuki Kajiura

Also, i really enjoyed some songs in Violet Evergarden ("Never coming back"), especially when listened to on closed headphones. Sue me.

Berserk, Evangelion and FLCL are all up there; Banana Fish's OST is pretty good so far too (especially the OP, what a bop!)

Users who are viewing this thread