State of the Forums #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Instrumentality Instigator
Staff
Super Moderator
Greetings everyone!

Since the forums have been open for a short while now, I thought it would be a good idea to give you all an idea of what our plans and dreams for the forums (and MangaDex itself) are!

Firstly, let me introduce myself a little: My name is Zephyrus and I am a very recent addition to the staff. The idea is that I will be a dedicated forum moderator, freeing up the rest of staff to do the less important (haha) work of maintaining MangaDex itself. Of course, I will help out on the site from time to time and other staff might assist me on the forums as is needed.

A quick reminder of who the current staff are:

Hologfx: Founder, Owner, and One Man Coding Army
Ixlone: Admin
Lymus: Site Moderator
Robo: Site Moderator
Electromaster: Site Moderator
MysteryGirl: Site Moderator
Zephyrus: Forum Moderator

The most important announcement of the day is that the Rules have been updated and can be found here: General Forum Rules. Feel free to reach out to a mod if you have any questions regarding the rules.

I'm sure all of you have noted that the forums are a little basic at the moment. I know that might be a little frustrating for those us (including myself) that have gotten used to more modern forum features. Rest assured, these features are coming. There is a suggestion megathread for both the forums and the website in the Suggestions forum. Please post your ideas in a new thread but PLEASE check the OP of the two threads first to make sure that your idea has not already been suggested, implemented, or rejected. As I have time, I compile the new suggestions in the OP thread of the forum feature suggestion (potato handles the site suggestions thread) so they're all in one place. I will lock threads as suggestions are implemented or rejected. You may note that I used to lock threads simply because they had been added to the megathread. I will no longer be doing that so as to foster discussion on features.

Hologfx is currently working off of a priority list. The current list, as it stands is:

1. Advanced search and tagging for MD
2. Replies/notification system for the forums
3. Additional and improved moderator tools for the forums

I cannot give you an exact timeline on when these features will be implemented but last word from Holo indicated that it will be within the next two weeks. This is of course subject to change due to delays for whatever reason. The priority list is also subject to change. If staff can all agree on a priority list, I will try to get one compiled and put up for your viewing pleasure.

We are very excited to see how quickly we're growing and how many people have stepped up to make sure that we're the best manga reading community out there! Special shout out to the Power Uploaders user group who work very hard to make sure the site is working optimally and bugs are resolved asap. We've got a long way to go and we have some very big shoes to fill by proclaiming ourselves Batoto's spiritual successor, but I'm confident that we'll be as good or better than Batoto someday.

Lastly, feel free to reach out to moderators for any questions, issues, or concerns you might have.

Contributor
Thanks for all the hardwork. I hope we can get together going forward.

Thanks for your hardwork! Though I feel bad with Holo coding all things alone by himself.

Instrumentality Instigator
Staff
Super Moderator
Thanks for your hardwork! Though I feel bad with Holo coding all things alone by himself.

Thanks~

Holo is pretty happy coding by himself. Hopefully in the future there will be staff with coding ability that he will be able to delegate to, but for now, we just have to be patient.

Contributor
I love the updates you've made to the site. Seeing a new update announcement always gets me excited. Keep up the awesome work, guys. ?

Fed-Kun's army
Thank'you everybody for your work!

(IMO mangadex is already far better than batoto... even though there are things yet to be implemented, they ARE being implemented at a fast pace, whereas batoto was basically dead for ages development-wise. Not to mention the highly opinionated mods who decided what titles to allow on a whim..)

Contributor
Thanks for all the hard work and for keeping us up to date on stuff going on.

Group Leader
Seriously the work you're doing is I N C R E D I B L E !!!! (that's "inedible" but with some CR in it).

Now I just wish there was a Like-button so I could like your posts.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread