Author Uglyhood
@ninjadork What's wrong with wanting universal healthcare? Is healthcare too good for some people; if you're rich enough you get it and others should be left out? That's kinda disgusting thinking 😅
@Tabitha Well, if you're going to be an overly simple and particularly narcissistic idiot about a complex topic, I'll keep this short.

Giving your own money to charity is good. Robbing people at gunpoint, taking a cut of their money for yourself, scattering the remainder in the street, and telling your victims that they should be thankful for your generosity and the violence you inflicted on them is evil.

I have never yet met an advocate for "universal" healthcare who did not advocate for the evil model, either through laziness (an unwillingness to acknowledge the complexities of reality) or malice (a self-righteous conviction that your victims deserve to be robbed).

It is also worth mentioning that in every single historical instance where "universal" healthcare is implemented, it has uniformly conformed to one of two models that match up rather well with the above categorizations; either the nation in question had a series of geopolitical circumstances that allowed them to mooch off of someone else's generosity, or "universal healthcare" was nothing more than a fraudulent euphemism for "healthcare rationed according to the whims of the powerful", a la Charlie Grad.
@ninjadork I never said it wasn't complex.
Last edited 28 days ago by Tabitha.
@Tabitha Ah, so you fall into the malicious category. Good to know.
@ninjadork Rather than malicious, I was so alienated by your text that I didn't know whether to laugh or cry (thus my comment about talking to an alien).
Last edited 28 days ago by Tabitha.
@Tabitha Let's start by answering some of your questions:

I call you narcissistic and malicious because that's how you speak; supremely self-centered and assuming that your extremist incomprehension means a dissenting viewpoint must be both factually and morally wrong.

Oh, and I like how you extend your moral/mental judgements to an entire country of people you've never met and (I would bet money) you've never even visited. IDK which country you think I live in, since I live in Norway, but regardless; stellar xenophobia you've got there.
@ninjadork First of all, thank you for properly trying to answer to me. Next I must apologise, since I lack the skills in English to properly answer you back.

We have such different worldviews that I believe any further discussion fruitless.

Also, sorry for all the innocent bypassers, I still think Uglyhood is a good series; Elsa is seriously badass character and I look forward to seeing where her story goes. My apologies for wasting so much comment space. I just learned the use of spoiler tags... *hides in a corner feeling extremely ashamed*
@Tabitha If I judged you wrongly, I apologize. But on discussions of public policy I always do a double evaluation of what people say; the actual words that come out of their mouth, and what those opinions will look like upon real-world implementation. I am not convinced that anything you say you want would differentiate from my characterizations of them in that case.

I will admit to some over-reaction, and I apologize for that. I have American family and they've been screwed hard by pre-2017 regulations and policies.
The hell happened with this comment section?

o_O
I wanted to comment about how the disclaimer at the first chapter was bullshit and how the comic actually represented reality so well it hurts, but somehow the comment section actually devolved into political banter.
I don't even want to try and figure out who is trolling / feeding / a retard / a SJW.
@lsbkf Well, going back through the comments I see a whole lot of nonsense.

Disclaimer: I'm a lefty, but I'm not easily offended by anything. This thing worth reading?
@Kaldrak Personally i enjoyed it, its a mix of comedy/ a serious plot. You may not like the art but i think it compliments its very memey nature. (This is coming from someone who is not really an avid reader of manga, light novels or web comics)