Comments Disappearing

Contributor
This has happened three times, but just recently I've had two comments just up and disappear on the same page -
https://mangadex.org/chapter/523658/comments

Both disappeared sometime after being posted, and I've wondered what causes such incidences to happen. I haven't been able to look up if any rule was violated and I haven't been able to find similar topics on this forum that discuss such incidences. I'm chalking this up to displayed data being loss due to changes to the site's code, but I can't say for sure on that front - it's not like I actually understand it for the most part.

System upgrade, database input between certain hours is missing. Not just comments, any changes in db between that hours is missing. There is info about this.

Dex-chan lover
@FirstDayRegister You know a lot about things despite this being your first day registered here.

Thanks for the info. I was already wondering about the same thing.

Contributor
@FirstDayRegister Thanks for the response. I suspected it might be something like you said, but couldn't understand it specifically. In the back of my head I wondered if it was possible I violated something off a group scanlation, even though I'm pretty sure they don't have that sort of authority over the comment page for their releases.

On another note... It's rather curious that all of us registered here on Mangadex on the same day.

Dex-chan lover
It's rather curious that all of us registered here on Mangadex on the same day.

I reckon we all attended Batoto's deathwatch.

Group Leader
@Ominous I have had numerous comments disappear after system upgrades. I can go to comments sections and find replies to comments I made that are no longer there.

Users who are viewing this thread