This Villainess Wants a Divorce! - Vol. 1 Ch. 2

Honestly pretty realistic for a person who was suddenly reborn into abusive environment

Group Leader
Lol her first thought was I'm still here!! 😂😂
But honestly i like how shes misses her real mom
I haven't seen many other isekai heroins do that 🤔
Well there are a few but i liked the sentiment here better
How her fist feeling was missing them instead of trying to adapt right away, it has a more realistic feel

This chapter really sells it. I like how they addressed that it was hard for her to transition worlds.

"Survive as the Hero's Wife"

First, let's see if she manages to survive being alive after dying. That is a much needed step in order to survive anything else.

I get her perspective but your an adult talking to a kid especially one whose always abused your basically telling him I rather die than be with you

Double-page supporter
Didn't expect that :eek:

EDIT: I need more pronto :p
EDIT: Looks like we got plenty of raws to through if they have them on hand :3 <3

I did not expected it either but also not entirely surprised. I noticed about "otome" style isekai (well this is not but lack of a better word of this subgenre of a person having foreknowledge of a bad future and given a chance to redeem themselves with heavy tendencies of female protag and medieval-fantasy settings)tend to bring up more topics than many others - like MCs who actually have attachments to the old world and its implications on the character.

But it also still really too early to tell. I'm pretty sure this reveal, while unintentional for her, is a step forward to making the prince a true ally. Changing the course from him hating her to wanting to protect her - if this will be more comedy-based, I expect a misunderstanding of him thinking she hates being forced into a marriage far away from home which he will instantly relate and build attachment due to his background. Or she will reveal (or eventually) reveal her true history, creating a similar effect but less comedic and more serious. I could be totally wrong too.

But regardless of my guesses, I'm sure the story direction is for her to not be the villain and become liked similar to Bakarina. The interesting implications that I am wondering is how far this story will explore how much it may change his destiny. Since the point of divergence is so early in there life, the possible butterflies can be huge. And far, unlike other similar stories, there no "constants" (to borrow a term from Bioshock) established so far like some future high school everyone will go. Without no such constants with such influential conditions from such hardships, it can really shift how he would grow up - his personality, his performance in the military, his future of becoming the hero, and a ton of other stuff can all be changed.

Fed-Kun's army
what is it with the isekai sub-genre of transferring to a story book world where the MC wants to only ever so slightly tweak the ending instead of just completely rewriting the story? if it was me, if I had a good role, I'd just live out the story as best I can remember, and if I had a bad role, I'd say f*** the established ending(s), I'm doing whatever the hell I want to do...and, just to make note: my use of "good" and "bad" there is based on my own opinion of the role, not the good/evil definition of the role from the readers in this version of reality

otome isekai is one of my favorite genres now and I'm really excited to see how this will work out.

Aggregator gang
Otomekai are my favorite recently, but this chapter oddly resonated with me. There are worse fates than death.

Dex-chan lover
Dying, really ? It's a bit blown out of proportions...

Fed-Kun's army
Ah convenient unspecified illnesses, always as deadly and easily cured as they need to be.

Users who are viewing this thread