What music d'ya listen to when reading manga?

Contributor
Like do have a general pool of songs or do you have a genre of music for the genre of manga?

What are your recommendations?

If you don't listen to music tell us why and how your so much better than me

Group Leader
I generally listen to whatever songs I have an interest in at the moment lol
Unless the song and manga genre are too different, then I'd look for a song that matches better.

I do recommend anime osts though. Some of them are great background music for when you're reading manga.

Aggregator gang
I don't listen to music while reading manga because I feel the song would change the intended mood of some scenes. I like pure silence.

Contributor
Ninjafoo:
I don't listen to music while reading manga because I feel the song would change the intended mood of some scenes. I like pure silence.

This. I can't concentrate when there is music playing.

I usually have KGATLW on in the background when reading. Their albums sound like one song most of the time so it's not too distracting, and they're diverse enough where I can change to a different one to fit the mood.

Double-page supporter
I have a playlist of instrumental music from anime soundtracks. That's what I usually listen to when I read manga, or do anything where I have to concentrate on what I'm doing, but also want something other than silence.

I can't read while listening to music with lyrics, as that distracts me from what I'm reading, but for me instrumental music doesn't interfere with reading.

I don't really connect reading mood with my music, I just listen because I like listening to music. Can't stand just silence most of the time, I have to listen to something.

About the genre, anything that just sticks with me at the moment. Though over 90% of my music library is Japanese indie stuff (arrangements of existing stuff like Touhou or completely original ones).

Contributor
I usually prefer silence when reading manga. The only exceptions are manga about music like Soul Catcher(S) or Piano no Mori, or the songs referenced in JoJo.

I usually have some light video game tracks playing as background noise. No vocal tracks tho...way too distracting.

Whatever's available, but most of the time the second ed of Re:zero 'Stay Alive'.

Boards of Canada. They're like the Guile's Theme of ambient electronica: they go with everything.

Contributor
Only BGM, mostly videogame musics.

No music with voice, i don't like it when i read or even when i play online games.

Dex-chan lover
I usually do not listen to music while reading manga, well, occasionally I do since it was already turned on. It's mostly metal and some other random stuff, rarely even radio. Nothing which I can recommend specifically for reading manga.

Well, in theory it could distract me and I kinda stopped listening music 12/7 so that is why I don't have bgm music for my mangoo. Okay, most manga aren't complex enough but I still do not wanna get distracted, I guess a low sound volume actually does not even distract me...

If i can reply again , besides rain sound (that 11 hour long on youtube) , maybe desert storm sound , waterfall sound , wind on forest sound , bird chirping sound , or anything that can make my time slow . When in trance my reading speed does accelerate and i understand faster . You know , like ... what again ? When everything becomes gray monochrome and time absurdly slowed down , like when you have sex ... or when you have intercourse ... or when you have copulation etc ...

SDK

Depends on the type of stuff I'm reading. I generally have my chilled playlist (mix of some trip hop, instrumentals and ambient music) in the background while reading and skipping songs which don't feel right with if it doesn't suit the mood, other times I'll listen to whatever I've been into listening lately. Sometimes it just clicks and I find the perfect song for the perfect manga and the results become glorious. I still can't listen to Chambermaid Swing by Parov without thinking of Sun Ken Rock.

Group Leader
There are three generalised forms I listen to:[ol][li]Denpa[/li][li]C418[/li][li]F-ZERO/Shovelknight/Splatoon (general game)[/li][/ol]

Users who are viewing this thread