A Returner's Magic Should Be Special - Vol. 1 Ch. 44

Fed-Kun's army
Meraki why isn't ch.45 on your website D: I always read there ;_;

A Return's Cliffhanger Should Be Special!!!!! Thanks for the hard work Meraki Scans.

Dex-chan lover
They've been pushing out double chapters for a few days now so I guess they're taking a well-deserved break.

There are currently 45 chapters, so one more until they caught up with the raws.

Dex-chan lover
He's probably going to beat the tower master with a killer move the tower master himself taught him in the other timeline.

Double-page supporter
I never tought old Desir would be that cool.

Aggregator gang
Okay this is a more complex form a chess than standard, but they are able to complete a match in 27 minutes? Even fast chess games are timed at around 15 minutes for each player. 27 minute game of a more complex version of chess is unlikely. Even if Desir makes his moves instantly because he knows what plays Joan is making from experience, I would imagine that Joan would think out his moves properly each turn.
Also double move for being in a pawn lane seems pretty overpowered. It's pretty easy on a larger chess board to keep a pawn stationary after you set them up on a diagonal, but I guess there's something else to it besides "didn't move the pawn last turn". A double move for a king piece is extremely useful and since they don't specify that the lane has to be in front of the pawn, then that could lead to some back row shenanigans. Rooks in particular would have an easy time picking off any unguarded piece making the game even slower since you have to pay attention to the rooks position and your protection before making any moves.

Dex-chan lover
North Seattle chess seems awesome. I wanna try it even though I can't even beat a level 3 computer.

@degenerateafro I think the double move would make the game especially fast.

Also, an obvious strategy would be to protect your pawns as well as kill the opponent's. But yeah, a back row trick seems awesome. Imagine keeping a pawn stuck on the enemy's side in a situation where they can't kill it or else they would get check mate.

And don't forget that they have two queens, four rooks, four knights.

Fed-Kun's army
*Stand Appear*
"Time for a Baddass Comeback!"
^ My thought whenever the character have something like that.

blitz chess games are usually timed at 5 mins and there're faster designations

Dex-chan lover
The bet should be to make something public, I think.
How the hell do they make use of their turns this fast? Do Magicians have something like fast thoughts?

Aggregator gang
Wonder what a game with those rules would look like... Though they never said how the warships move

Users who are viewing this thread