Dex-chan lover
So they actually gave them access to that super duper important item? Wow, I, huh, I don't believe I would have done that. I know they are the heros and everything, but really... Some pupils come up tho their teacher. Dubious pupils. Commoners, that somehow reached single ranks against the strongest other pupils and transferred to alpha class. Aside from being biased against commoners, they normally don't have the best start into the life as a mage. Noble children get everything they need to develop their magic, commoners don't. How did they do that?
And now they come forth and tell, that terrorists are going to plan a heist...I'm baffled. How do they know that? Who backs them up with those informations? The same people that backed their development up? Is that information trustworthy at all? WTF?
Ah, and now they even want access to that item, those terrorists supposedly set eyes on...To help protecting it. "Protecting" it. ...... Yeah. Not going to happen.

Fed-Kun's army
Pointless asshole dude wears one really stupid mask.

Are the maces magical? Because hand held weapons should have trouble doing much to a steel gate even a non magical one.

Seriously they let some kids with mysterious knowledge protect it directly? This series is straining my suspension of disbelief a tiny bit and "characters behave in ways that makes no sense to me" is one of the hardest kind to shrug off for me.

Dex-chan lover
@Ibri: Seriously they let some kids with mysterious knowledge protect it directly? This series is straining my suspension of disbelief a tiny bit and "characters behave in ways that makes no sense to me" is one of the hardest kind to shrug off for me.
IKR

@cherokeemoon: Then next chapter is for you. I spoiler this much: Quite some Pram action, multiple shots of overly effeminated Pram and even slight bondage.

Dex-chan lover
What? Even defence barrier has such fatal flaw? And knowing that I can't believe such facility has no other meaningful means of defence other than that...

Dex-chan lover
Yeah, sure, put the "commoner" kid who sucked at fighting till a few days ago in charge of protecting the super duper important gem from the terrorists.

Not to mention trusting these "normal" kids who somehow had intel on a terrorist attack.

I hope this is all an elaborste ruse and that the writing isn't this stupid.

Fed-Kun's army
Poor Desir has his bread squashed. How will his younger sister ever be able to get food now.

Dex-chan lover
@Acolytus they are single rank so that says a lot about their abilities I mean if it was Adjest who was with them who is also a single rank pretty sure a lot more people will doubt their actions.

it's like trusting a 12 years old genius on your college thesis it's not about age it's about their skills and abilities

Dex-chan lover
@greatninja3 They became single rankers recently and their only known combat experience was fighting some monsters and other brats in a fake Shadow World.

If it was something like helping the Tower with some minor task or even taking part of some less serious part of the defense I'd be okay with it but they gave the most important job to a child.

That's like trusting a 12 years old genius to defuse a nuke. Even if he is good, he is still unexperienced.

If the Tower doesn't have at least 100 people better suited for the job then they are in serious trouble.

@Acolytus You're making a massive false assumption here; namely, that Desir and his party are the only additional measure taken behind the scenes.

*While all the background mechanisms are not covered on screen, it is explicitly mentioned that the response time and the strength of the defense force is unusually good. This is an indication that the management of the Tower took additional measures once Desir and co. were commissioned.

*The main BBEG comments on how stupid it is for them to leave the inner corridors unguarded. Now, this could be a result of poorly trained security, with everyone rushing off to the big distraction at the front; it's a tactic used often enough by terrorists and corporate saboteurs of all stripes. But if the management is competent enough to set a defense-in-depth counter-trap for the terrorists, then it would make sense for the inner halls to be un- or lightly-guarded since the remaining response teams would be in hiding, as presenting an image of weakness is very useful for luring your enemy where you want him to be. See Perturabo's Eternal Fortress for an example of the overall mechanics behind that scheme, as well as a Henderson-scale demonstration of all the many tricks you can use in such a defense.

*Desir mentions that between the time he first walks up to the teacher and asks for a commission and the time of the first assault, there's only a little over a 10 hour time gap. While the tower management can certainly take some additional precautions, 10 hours is not nearly enough resources to prepare a defense against an unknown enemy as you might think.

*A final point to consider is that Desir did not give them all the information he has. If all he says is, "they're going to break down your front gate at X time", then they don't have all the information they need for an effective defense. Desir wouldn't do this if it put the overall mission at risk, but keep in mind he's still operating on a tight time table for preventing the big destruction event; he will manipulate people and circumstances to give himself more options and rewards if he can do so without hurting others.

@DANDAN_THE_DANDAN Because unlike what tv shows and movies display when they're trying to sell the characters as fap bait, concealing your features when indulging in terrorism/corporate sabotage/other shady shit is the standard practice in the real world. Only a greenhorn or an idiot would not take measures to prevent their enemies from tracking them down later.

Group Leader
Mmmmh.
Ok, so, Desir knew the guy attacking and went to meet with him so he could have his bread crushed?
What the hell?!?

Also, he then follows the guy while invisible and lets him enter the final room, even lets him disable the defences, without doing anything, right?
Two possibilities here:
1. Desir is trying to have a patsy while stealing the gem himself, so all the blame goes to evilguy.
2. He's just dumb. Desir is actually the dumbest man in the world, and sending him back in time was the stupidest thing that could happen to humanity.

@aFFi I'm not going to spoil it, but this comment is going to look really stupid when the next two chapters come in.

Aggregator gang
I, pointy stick kid, will stop you while everyone else failed!

Users who are viewing this thread