Regarding Group Delays and Harassment

Status
Not open for further replies.
Instrumentality Instigator
Staff
Super Moderator
It has recently come to staff’s attention that some scanlator groups have been receiving some very nasty emails and death threats due to group delays on MangaDex.

Group delays serve several purposes. They can, for example, be used to ensure that the group's site receives traffic (which in turn allows them to cover the costs of their servers/raws/etc which then means you get to read more chapters) or even just giving them a buffer zone to fix any errors that snuck past to ensure the version they do upload elsewhere is the best possible quality it can be. As a site we allow groups to apply delays to releases because we support group's rights to control their content on MangaDex. When a chapter is delayed we provide a handy link to the site of the group who released it where you can read the chapter - or you can just wait out the delay timer.

That being said, we do not condone harassing groups to try force them into changing their delay timers. Pestering groups on their Discord, website or emails over a minor delay in our name is doing both our site, and the groups involved, a disservice. We very strongly condemn this type of behavior and in no way condone it. Engaging in this kind of activity could result in your account being banned from the site - but we'd really prefer it didn't come to that, and that we can all just keep reading the manga we enjoy instead.

MangaDex was formed around the idea that scanlator groups should have control over their content. We support every group’s decisions regarding group delays and hope readers will too.

Who the fuck sends death threats over slight delays on certain websites on new chapters of the english translations of asian comics which they basically put out for free.

like the fuck you have to be on to harass scanlator groups when they basically do all the work. If you don't like it, learn the fucking language and do it yourself. You could also go to their website and read it. Or... cool idea, you could wait the delay out if the site is that fucking important.

Scanlating is a luxury that we have that we won't acknowledge until it's taken away. Show some fucking respect and don't throw a hissy fit over a fucking delay on a single site for basically volunteer work.

Entitled cuntnuggets.

QSS

Group Leader
Talk about biting the hand that feeds...

Dex-chan lover
Nani the actual fuck.

Get a goddamn grip - these groups do this for the love of translating these series into something that can be enjoyed by larger world. They’re only human, and sometimes things happen for a variety of reasons for delaying.

Death threats?

......over chinese comics?

I refuse to believe this is a legit thing and not some form of trolling. If not....., holy fuck!

Also, if delays are that much triggering, these people know there are other sites they can use right?

Group Leader
Sending death treats to the people who do the hard work for you is fucking stupid.

Imagine wasting your time writing death threats to someone who provides you a service for free, just because of a slight delay or the inconvenience of going to their website.

Group Leader
why do people even send threats when they can literally just go to kissmanga? (even if kissmanga sucks huge ass and literally lies to you and says the site is under maintenance if u have adblocker on)

seems like a waste of time to send shit to the groups

Group Leader
Dang, people have come to our group and asked us to upload stuff quite respectfully, but I was not aware that people were at such a low point in their lives to be that arrogant as to demand their series as fast as possible, that they do not contribute to at all.

I shouldn't be surprised but wow. Never change weebs.

Oh, hypocrites.
Somehow I'm not surprised anymore, like, 'it just the matter of time till community....'
Just die you ungrateful bunch.

I don't really sure scanlating is a 100 % volunteer works tho..there is many people make scanlating a way of making money. No, isn't like I'm being a sjw or anything,I just give the fact. Well for myself,I don't really bothered by that as long as they scanlating it with their best.
Well if you can't wait it just go at their website,maybe you can find some nice manga/comic/manhwa/manhua they also scanlating or just wait. Or maybe you can find the raws and try to translate it with Google translate lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread