TableTop

Contributor
Share adventures in D&D, or other TableTop games here.

Contributor
I got banned for flipping the table in a cards against humanity game when the game owner told me to.

The first time I ever played DnD I was our DM (none of us had ever played before). My friend, who's usually sort of a quiet and reserved guy, played this raunchy half-elf thief who, whenever they encountered some morally ambiguous NPC, was moved to join them. His catchphrase was "I respect the hustle," which was funny even when he said it to the Nothic who was going to rend the adventurers souls from their bodies.

Contributor
One time when me and my younger brother were playing monopoly together, I was losing real badly and my cat came up and knocked the whole board off the table. I like to think he was trying to help me and wasn't just being a goober.

My fiancee is setting up a Call of Chithu game. I rather hate it but I want to play. Oh well. I wish we could play Pathfinder more. Two of our irl friends dropped out due to life. We really need a 4th or 5th person.

Group Leader
Heyo.

I've been playing Pathfinder for years now (spiritual successor the D&D 3.5 to make it short).
So far, I've only played with friends IRL but considered using roll20 to host some over here.

We already have 4 MangaDex players in #tabletop on Discord, I'll DM the whole thing. There's still room for a 5th one since nothing has begun yet.
This won't be a Pathfinder Society play tho, just a regular one. I haven't yet jumped in Society. I'm interested in it but I'll take the opportunity to begin in Society with the playtest of 2E early August.

For a small card game, I'd recommend giving a try to Unstable Unicorns ?

Contributor
Heyo.

I've been playing Pathfinder for years now (spiritual successor the D&D 3.5 to make it short).
So far, I've only played with friends IRL but considered using roll20 to host some over here.

I started off with pathfinder over the internet, but quickly transitioned to irl 5e with some friends. They weren't the best group, and we eventually drifted, but now I've found a new group, and for once I'm the DM.

Which is a lot better than before tbh. One person was a shit DM, and when the other tried to DM the aforementioned friend would kind of actively ruin his campaign. lol. Glad I don't have to deal with that anymore.

Contributor
I used to dm AD&D way back in the day (1980's, yes I am old). I was quite a terror when I wanted and these were two of my favorite rooms in this one dungeon of evil I devised:

1) Party enters room and the door promptly shuts, no handle or anything on the inside. Contents of room fairly basic, mostly a few "stone" tables and some (completely useless once examined) scrolls. Walls of room as well as the inside of the door all appear to be made of some weird, unknown material, covered in strange symbols (once again, completely useless). Knock spells do not work, and there is nothing that would allow the use of lock-picking. Any attempt to break down the door (damaging) will cause holes to appear, from which a strange, red viscous fluid would start flowing out. Unchecked the fluid would completely fill the room within 2 "turns" (20 minutes game time), minus the damage caused to the door, so more damage = faster room filled. Only way out was to damage door, then heal it completely. (P.S. Party almost died before figuring this out, lol).

2) Last room was simply furnished with a single table, upon which lay a beautifully designed sword. By this time, the party decided they didn't want to take any more chances and high-tailed it out of there. After we were though, I showed them my notes, revealing that the room was in fact, completely safe, and that the sword was essentially the equivalent of a +5 intelligent holy sword with the additional property that allowed it to be completely (and safely) usable by ANY class. I was cussed out pretty badly there.

Group Leader
I started off with pathfinder over the internet, but quickly transitioned to irl 5e with some friends. They weren't the best group, and we eventually drifted, but now I've found a new group, and for once I'm the DM.

Which is a lot better than before tbh. One person was a shit DM, and when the other tried to DM the aforementioned friend would kind of actively ruin his campaign. lol. Glad I don't have to deal with that anymore.

Definitely didn't sound like a healthy player and/or DM. Glad you found a nice group to play with !
My DM rules things this way, sometimes we like sometimes we don't, which is why I wanted to head in to DMing to because I wanted to show him and my friends how I'd see things going. I don't mean to "teach" it to our DM by making him a player, he wants to be a player too but we had no one to DM. I don't want to change his ways either by showing him how I want to do things, this is my own personal way to DM things and how I want my players to be DMed. It's the same for him and I'm entirely fine with it !

I used to dm AD&D way back in the day (1980's, yes I am old).
Well, the DM of my group and another friend got introduced to D&D by a guy who had been DMing for decades (he "began" with first D&D in 74 and had been tinkering with tabletop RPG before that already), he's definitely not the single one out there as we can see :) There's no age for fantasy.

Your first room's kinda sick tho, I hope your players had to means to "heal" that door at the time ahah.
The second is a common trick of "Dare or Cower". I played a Rogue once and rolled EVERYWHERE to check for traps. I spent 3 sessions of almost 12 hours each (with breaks, eating etc included) without spotting a single trap (there wasn't any). At the end I was like "screw this, I'm tired of rolling for nothing". Literally one step after that, I fell into a trap. The DM didn't even set this up, he told me he was like "he's finally going to spot one lol" and went 180° "LOL HE GAVE UP WITH THE WORST TIMING". I would've thrown the table over if it wasn't so heavy ahah. We laughed so hard since at this point it almost became a running gag "hey the thief, could you please stop wasting our time checking every nook and cranny of this perfectly safe dungeon ?".

Your sword could've been a sick cursed +5 ego 24 chaotic evil sword as well so I understand them. Too bad they didn't appraise it before giving up on it.

Users who are viewing this thread