Souboutei Kowasubeshi - Vol. 3 Ch. 20 - Takoha's Portrait

So the only thing I have a slight issue is the line "Why the hell are you attacking ussss". The emphasis on the S feels off to me and might work better on the U in us. Looking over the rest of the chapter you handled those kind of words well. Also I get peeved over curse words in a young boy's demographic, but since it's not an official translation and used appropriately for the characters that use them then that's fine. Keep up the good work

Group Leader
@SPTCoyote To be honest, I disagree about the "ussss" because I can easily read it as "us" whereas "uuuuus" doesn't scan to me as anything at first. Also, since there isn't really literary precedent for this kind of thing, I'll look to usage on the internet: it's really common to elongate a word by repeating the last consonant even if that wouldn't make literal sense to pronounce it that way. Take for example a begrudging "alrightttt." Out loud I'd read that as "alriiight." Normally I'd write an elongated "alright" like the second one, but the "us" is an exception because of how weird it is to write out "uuuus."

You know, I generally agree about curse words in shounen scanlations, but Youji is just SUCH a huge prick, you feel me?

Double-page supporter
lol why are they surprised that people are possessed after watching video of possessed cops killing each other and just fighting other possessed people

I was thinking the paintings cursed you with your greatest regret, but the science lady's episode suggested and psuedo-monk's confirmed that it's really more like your greatest trauma in general.

Users who are viewing this thread