Favourite Delinquent manga?

Contributor
Mangas primarily based around delinquent characters/gangs are a joy to read, no matter if it's a shounen comedy or a gritty seinen story, they all tend to be fairly high quality. Or, maybe I just vicariously live through the actions of the rebellious main characters? Who knows.

My all-time favourite is currently 'Kyou Kara Ore Wa', probably one of the only 'comedy' mangas that have actually made me laugh out loud on multiple occasions. And it has it's more serious moments as well.

I'm also enjoying 'Bad Boys' currently. I didn't like the start too much, but when the MC takes over the Gokurakuchou gang, then it gets quite exciting.

What about you guys?

Contributor
Gotta be Crows, I think. It has one of my favorite casts of characters in anything I've read, Bouya especially being one damn good protagonist.

MCM

Just like mentioned before, Crows & Worst has to be on the top 'cause yeah that's what badasses do ??
And honestly, even though Crows MC didn't get a proper ending and Worst is over, I cannot bring myself to like Clover as much as these two, even though it's still good.

Kyou Kara Ore Wa was a really great manga that was funnier than most of delinquent mangas, I have so many good memories of it and how I got others to read it, kind of like Be-bop Highschool.
Young Onizuka comes to mind too. (might not be the title)
Rokudenashi Blues is also a really great work with a story that warms the heart, interesting characters even if it may be more centered on boxing at some times. It's still an excellent delinquent manga.

Can we include Angel Densetsu here ? It kind of was a delinquent manga even though the protagonist isn't one ? (if this one's okay, Smile! Sotomura-san is too) :p

I'd be interested to see what others have to share in terms of good mangas such as these.

I haven't really read a lot of delinquent manga but recently i've started getting into them after watching GTO and recently i started reading Crows from where i'm at at the moment it's a pretty fun read, it gets funny sometimes and sometimes it just catches me with the fights and alliances formed and strong friendships. I'll start reading more delinquent manga after Crows im all bought into this thing.

Cromartie High, anyone? Haven't read that much in the delinquent-theme, but I'd bet that one has to be the weirdest. How often is Freddie Mercury classmates with a gorilla and a robot?
Not sure Banana Fish would count, still reading it. But it has street gangs and the Mafia, so...maybe?

Power Uploader
The whole Crows/Worst saga, including only spinoffs written and drawn by Hiroshi Takahashi.
Is Shonan Junai Gumi considered a delinquent manga? In case, it is a very good read, both deep and funny.

Yandere Kanojo, though it’s probably not the kind of ‘delinquent manga’ you’re after, it’s still got a delinquent MC and is really entertaining.

gang king is good and actually-funny-comedy manga, well at least for me it is funny.

Dex-chan lover
If were going reformed delinquent then "A silent voice" or kono oto tomare

But just straight up delinquent manga. Then my vote is for clover

Power Uploader
The "Parko and the Dangerers" arc in Crows it´s the epitome of delinquent manga

gang king is good and actually-funny-comedy manga, well at least for me it is funny.

>v.7 c.53 by Gangking Fansub over 2 years ago

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

If we are talking about delinquents you can't forget about the Great Teacher Onizuka, king of all bad boys and hoodlums.

Definitely Kyou Kara Ore Wa for me
there is also Tsujidou-san no Jun'ai Road but this is VN not manga

Power Uploader
This is a very interesting (although personal) ranking made by the guy who leads delinquentscans.
https://postimg.cc/image/3khov1a2n/

Contributor
Coincidentally, that's the same list where I found out about 'Kyou Kara Ore Wa' and other delinquent manga classics.

Delinquent anon has some pretty good taste.

Probably 'Yankee wa isekai de seirei ni aisaremasu', to bad the heroines are pretty meh at the moment.

Contributor
No one is talking about Angel Densetsu?
Debusen is also damn funny

Edit: Does Rainbow also count as one?
https://mangadex.org/manga/202/rainbow
(How does hyperlinking work?)

Users who are viewing this thread