Isekai Meikyuu de Harem o - Vol. 1 Ch. 2 - Vale

Dex-chan lover
Yeah, the slavery thing is a staple of the genre I guess, for better or worse. Imagine the editorial meetings.

"So, I think your story is going perfectly so far. It's 100% generic isekai. Just what our customers have come to expect from us."
"Oh, uh, thanks?"
"But the cast is a bit light on slave girls."
"What? But there's like ten of them-"
"Yeah, you need more slave girls. Just make sure they're some fantasy race. Animal ears, maybe a tail. The readers really eat that shit up."

isekai sure love slaves. kinda weird how much asian writers approve of or at least fantasize about slaves.

Aggregator gang
Anyone else concerned the protagonist just sold a man into slavery over a dead man's dew rag? No?

Well, let's see the slave titties!

Dex-chan lover
Anyone else concerned the protagonist just sold a man into slavery over a dead man's dew rag? No?

Nope. He's following local law instead of trying high and might imposing his own cringey self righteous moral compass bullcrap. It's much more pleasant this way.

@Triparadox You get it my man. Moral compasses don't mean jack shit in another world and unknown environments (obviously kept to a certain level)

Fed-Kun's army
i get while people grip on the whole slave element isekai but people also forget that slavery existed in our own history for a long time. its very understandable that it would exist in other worlds too. what they should judge is how the slaves are treated in said world. seen some stories that have a lot of laws to protect slaves or very specific regulations on how a slave can become a slave. and other stories that give it similar horrifying elements to humanity's own history with slaves.
most isekai take place in a medieval world. a time based on our own the nobles and soldiers considered murdering and pillaging rival villages a completely acceptable act. times and society change and those societys are different then our own

Dex-chan lover
Common guys, slavery is actually good if you have the cash. Like imagine all the poor landowners in USA who lost their free labour with the civil war, we must protect the rich.

Not shocked with Japans history on enslaving Koreans that many authors of this genre keep implementing this slave system into their "art"

Users who are viewing this thread