I Belong to House Castiello - Ch. 12

Dex-chan lover
why in the fuck does his desk look like it was made in Sketch Up? artist is using CAD to draw this manga or some shit? That seems overly difficult

Group Leader
Hello! Here is our final mass release of "I Am a Child of This House" I hope you guys enjoy!

Unfortunately, Mangaru and I have come to a disagreement so I will not longer be a part of this team. This has been a wonderful time and I hope you guys will continue to support this series. I highly recommend joining Manga Ru discord server for weekly updates. Ch.13 should be out later today/early tomorrow (that will be my final chapter).

I plan on picking up a series of my own, it's nothing compared to Estelle's cuteness but I hope you guys will support me! Thank you and have a wonderful day

jak

Contributor
@Liquidxlax

Yeah, that is weird. All the backgrounds look hand drawn, but then that looks like they took a picture of a desk, ran it through an effect, and then hand drew the black outline.

@Liquidxlax Many webtoon/web comic artists make environments on SketchUp or other 3D programs. There are two different methods. They either
1) Use the screenshot and draw over it or
2) Use it as reference for where things should be (maps of buildings, location of furniture, etc.)
It actually makes it a lot easier to produce a comic in the long run. In the first situation, some artists paint over the model so it blends seamlessly with the rest of the art. I hope that clarifies some things.

Power Uploader
this is a pretty interesting story. a bit slow moving hopefully things start to pick up.

Fed-Kun's army
I really am curious if the duke did it with Estelle's mother.

I'm not sure if I should love that she isn't doing any plotting or doing any common sense breaking as a reincarnated person.

Fed-Kun's army
@Liquidxlax @jak Most webtoons of this sort use Clip Studio. That program has a HUGE library of pre-rendered 3D models (houses, cars, weapons, animals, etc). I use the program myself, so sometimes I recognize the models they're using ? It's a common cheat that speeds up chapter production (otherwise hand drawing would take too long or require hiring a background artist). Done well, you won't even notice the use of the 3D models. Done poorly... well... you're seeing an example.

Fed-Kun's army
Only on my second read through did I realize how bad the 3-D modeling was Oof

Dex-chan lover
@hmble it just seems lazy as the effort to draw furniture and settings is easier though time consuming.

@draw2much does the author just have little time to draw a chapter? Amazing if they had the time but did not improve it. Look at Murata and One Punch man. Murata has redrawn entire chapters and fixes things people mention and listens to recommendations from the community. Though I do understand that everyone is not of the same skill level. One can tell how experienced and artist is by how fast their skills improve through a manga. Well that is most skills

Fed-Kun's army
@Liquidxlax Keep in mind that mangaka have a team of assistants helping them. Did you know Toriyama (Dragon Ball) had someone else doing his backgrounds? That's really common. The only thing you can know for sure about a mangaka is they did the sketches for the story themselves, everything after that... could be an assistant. So One Punch Man has a team of people creating it, not just one guy. It looks great because it's got a TEAM of people with specialized skills all coming together to make it. That's how all professional manga are made, and American comics too (though it's more obvious with American comics because they list right up front who does pencils, inks, colors, etc.)

But most webtoons? One or two people, and on a much lower budget. Usually with a once a week schedule. You get amateurs to intermediates to professionals making these, so the quality varies wildly. The biggest factor will always be how much they're paid. Smaller budget, lower quality. I imagine the budget for this series is pretty low. I think the artist isn't that bad, but they need a dedicated background artist at least if they want to keep to their release schedule and still look nice. But it's unlikely they can afford it so... they're using cheats as a stop-gape.

Double-page supporter
This is too good to being binge read. I'll sip this slowly....

Users who are viewing this thread