Fox Girls Are Better - Ch. 2 - No Refunds!

Dex-chan lover
Sometimes I wonder why beast(men/women) seem to always be sold into servitude in someway. Are they subconsciously masochists or is this always a sexual fantasy of some neet? lol

I will read on in hopes of an answer

Dex-chan lover
@liquidxlax Beast people are common in isekais, where normal humans are the largest race (usually). Humans in these series are usually xenophobic and subjugate other races, which includes beast people, and since slavery usually exists in these series, this is where it comes from.

Dex-chan lover
@PTRB The lack of desire for freedom is what I saw as a little weird. I know slaves can often be brainwashed in a way, but I would think at least 50% of all slaves would take a chance to escape.

Dex-chan lover
@Liquidxlax
It could be explained in-universe any number of ways. Most writers/mangakas seem to just ignore it because world-building is obviously no where near as important as panty shots, but it could be done. There are some that have hinted at it before (I want to say it was "Kaifuku Jutsushi no Yarinaoshi" that very, very briefly touched on this) with the societal differences being the primary reason humans were in control. Basically think something along the lines of like beast races are more territorial and less likely to have advanced civilizations that allow for more force projection and population. So humans multiply, build cities, build armies and get more powerful and just steamroll the beast races that are busy living/fighting in small tribes/communities.

Another explanation, although a bit more dubious, is that beast races like dog/wolf, especially, yearn for a master or a "pack" of some sort and humans somehow fill this niche.

...Although we both know that the reason is animal/beast girls offer the best of both worlds as far as "pet" and "sex slave" goes. I mean, a sex slave that goes into heat and has a fluffy tail and ears to pet and play with? That's far too ideal to ignore.

Dex-chan lover
@definitionofinsanity Yeah, beast races are rarely portrayed as developed so they would be say the africans and native americans as an equivilant. Then your second paragraph makes loads of sense and gives a reason why they wouldn't be that developed because if they seek out a strong leader said leader only needs to be strong and able to fight. Brains are not a requirement. Next to no inventions or societal development

Dex-chan lover
@Liquidxlax I can't remember which ones off the top of my head, but I know of a few series that have offered another explanation as to why beast race slaves don't typically seek freedom when it's offered: safety. Since humans seemingly always run the world no matter the setting and are always super xenophobic, beast races rarely have anything resembling rights and protection under the law, so they're basically free game for anyone to rape, murder, torture, what have you. Meanwhile, since humans can also be slaves in those settings, they typically have to have some kinds of legal protections and the beast races get those same protections as slaves, which makes the world a little bit safer for them.

Dex-chan lover
@Vincentius I do remember reading something like beastmen can be domesticated in a sense. Beastsmen, monsters and animals generally follow the strong and get in line when they are "shown" who is in charge. Humans are petty and without being broken have a way of putting themselves at the centre of the universe and have distain for those who are stronger and overall better than them. The only time we bow to a better is when we respect them, but if they do something that we as individuals see as wrong we lose respect for them and may no longer follow/serve them regardless of the possibilities. While monsters, animals and beastmen for the most part think that every choice their leader makes is for the good of the tribe. The first thing that pops into my head as to why it could be this way is humans and even some demons are portrayed as having a level of sympathy for anyone even enemies, not just tribesmen. Of course there are many possibilities. Though there are all kinds of every being so I don't think there is one true answer.

Dex-chan lover
I love the discussion down below, even though I just wanted to say that Fox girls ARE better...

Surprise, surprise, isekai tropes are trash however you try to explain them, news at eleven.

And personally cat girls and fox girls are both good. Tiger girls are a rare and vastly superior treasure, though.

Dex-chan lover
@Liquidxlax Your question answers itself: If someone is being sold, they are most likely being sold into servitude. What other options are there? Being sold as material for organ transplantation or experimentation? If humans are being sold, it's also for servitude. Even being sold as a gladiator would still be servitude.

@Reshfan Let's hope it was instead an aging rig, and this will serve as the perfect excuse to build a new one with a 3900X and 2080 Ti. The case looked kind of cramped anyway for good cooling and the screen was small.

Dex-chan lover
@Kaarme If we wanna get stupid, you have to pay to adopt a child and it can be really expensive depending on the country.

Dex-chan lover
@Liquidxlax You aren't paying for the child (unless you are buying from criminals). You are paying for the work, permits, etc involved. Kind of like somebody might be giving away old hardware/furniture/other stuff for free, but you'd need to pay the shipping.

I don't think I was trying to be a smartass those couple of weeks away, it was simply the truth. If humans are sold, then obviously beastmen would be sold as well. Elves would be sold if the universe gives an opportunity. In RL humans were sold for the majority of the time our human civilization has existed. It's only the modern times when it became illegal. Your later posts speculated on animal ears folks' positive characteristics as slaves, but it's in fact inconsequential seeing how humans are sold as well, and were sold in staggering amounts in RL, yet human slaves always dream of liberty (although that is lost on Japanese authors) and are even ready to kill to gain it.

Dex-chan lover
@Kaarme okay, I'll agree with you, but there are a group of slaves who don't even know the word, never mind the meaning and those people are the african pygmies. They have an average IQ of less than 80. They've suffered genoicide, slavery and more because their average IQ if 4+ points or more away from the average non pygmy african. But that is not too important, just thought i'd share. I do think Japanese authors treat beast people as being subservient to humans just in the same way that dogs, horses, pigs and a few other animals are to us. Do they think if you treat your slaves as friends that its okay, lol? I still understand that a slave is the only person you can trust when you're dropped into a new world if there, more so when there is magic in place, though building trust with a slave ain't hard if you improve their condition, treat them like an equal and ask their opinion.

Besides north korea china and africa I would say that the tracking of people is improving such that human traffickers are being caught more often which is good to hear. I just hope the bad guys don't find a new way to sell people. If there was death penalty for buying or selling slave, being involved in the sale of humans and or kidnapping of humans with intent to sell them into slavery or at least life in prison without a chance to get out unless its in a coffin as they should be given the choice of suicide.

Dex-chan lover
@Liquidxlax It's pretty hard to judge if beast people are favoured as slaves because of their personality/intelligence characteristic or because they are generally considered moe. In fact very often they are no stupider than humans in isekai works. However, as long as humans are the dominant civilization, it naturally makes sense to mercilessly hunt down non-humans as the human slavers possibly wouldn't need to care about any laws at all. Like you can't just snatch a free human from the streets of a human city to be sold as a slave, not even from farms and villages, but demihumans might not enjoy any protection of law at all (unless a particular individual is already someone else's slave, and thus taking them would be stealing from the owner). However, this is essentially the same as the Europeans going to Africa to take the locals as slaves to be shipped to the Americas. Africans didn't have the same legal rights as Europeans back then in the eyes of the European slavers. Though maybe even the majority of the African slaves were captured by other Africans, working as the middlemen, with no compunctions.

So, all in all, even in isekai humans would still have plenty of opportunities to go a bit further to gather human slaves as well. But since animal ear girls are so loved by readers, better make them the slaves to please the readers.

Dex-chan lover
@Kaarme Demi-humans are easy to pick out and pick-on. Problems that exist and are probably caused by nobility or government is blamed on demi-humans or non human countries and the lower classes eat it up which allows the upper-echelons continue their shit. We assume the humans are smarter than beast people because the beast people are much stronger and can rely on their strength while humans are not strong in comparison, so we have to use our brains to make up for that lack of brawn

Users who are viewing this thread