Hotarubi no Mori e

Would've probably preferred the original.

Overall is alright, as much as string of romantic drama one shots can be. Seven point five maybe?

Emotional and pretty, with a nice style and simple, yet fitting backgrounds and surroundings. The first one in my opinion is the best and the saddest one. The other stories are good too, but compared to the first chapter, they seem a little bland to me.

Contributor
The way the chapters are arranged is kind of a mess; even though they're labeled as chapters 2, 3, and 4, the reprint ones are different. They should really be relabeled as 5, 6, and 7 or something like that.

Dex-chan lover
Okay oneshots, but the title story blows them all out of the water.

Contributor
Okay, the way the chapters are arranged was really confusing, so since I figured it out I'll describe it here. Basically, the first chapter was published in two different volumes, both oneshot collections, with only the first story in common. Each group scanned a separate set of stories, but they're labelled in a way that looks like alternate chapters. For example, rather than two versions of volume one chapter two, we actually have two separate stories, that were both in the place of chapter two in different volumes.
Actually, after typing it out like that I see how dumb it is and I'm going to report the manga and ask a mod to mark the stories from the later release as volume 2.

Edit: just realised that the titles of the chapters help clear confusion for anyone who isn't on mobile and can actually see them. That's more of a mangadex issue, I hate not having chapter titles.

Group Leader
The movie adaptation made me cry tears of blood, it's such a moving story. 😭😭😭

Users who are viewing this thread