Mushoku Tensei ~Isekai Ittara Honki Dasu~ - Vol. 9 Ch. 47 - Turning Point II

Dex-chan lover
@neednolife I think they mentioned it's because they want to release a scanlation with the highest quality they can muster (supposedly, the redrawings and typesetting take the most time, which is why they release much later) for their own personal standards

Whether or not I agree with their methodology is a whole other discussion entirely, but I do think that, purely in terms of visuals, they do a higher quality job - the translations themselves are a matter of flavor/opinion, though, since the accuracy difference between the two is minimal

Overall, I'm sure most people prefer fast+good quality over slow+high quality, in any case, so I do understand why there's a lot of complaints about "re"uploads

Thanks for the higher quality and effort, still a little disappointed but it's cool.

Aggregator gang
@Dazen so when we reread it, we can read it in better quality? Isn't that hard to figure out....

I know that this is slightly better quality but I hate it when mangadex puts this on the updated section because I automatically think that there is a new chapter.

Nvy

@TehSDragon

Look at the two side by side though, LetItGo didn't even clean/redrew any of the SFX, so saying they spend time on that is kinda bullshit.

@TehSDragon While I understand what you are saying but I feel that effort is best spent on a series that isn't already translated. And here is the thing, I am pretty sure most people prefer CONSISTENT releases rather than the other two you proposed. These individuals have just dropped the ball so damn hard that its getting really frustrating.

What they also need to learn is that people are quite passionate about this series (as I am sure most would be for any series.) When they see a notification that their series has updated only to find that it was a reupload, their excitement quickly turns to anger. I think they can mitigate some of the backlash if they put 'reupload' or 'hi-quality' in front of the chapter posting to cut out the feeling of disappointment

And @NovaXII if that truly was the case, them not having it marked as the 'higher quality scan' makes it really confusing/annoying to read back through it. And imagine what it is like for new fans to sift through this garbage

Oh, this re-upload chapter has higher quality? I couldn't tell because after the first page I came here. Listen, thank you for making it better quality, but I don't reread chapters that just came out.

Dex-chan lover
@neednolife
"I think they can mitigate some of the backlash if they put 'reupload' or 'hi-quality' in front of the chapter posting to cut out the feeling of disappointment"
You're not allowed / supposed to add extras to chapter titles that aren't from the magazine or whatever they're out of. For real guys, get over your first world problems, the whining about it wastes 10x more time that it takes for you to realise it's not the latest chapter.

How both you and the scanlators choose to spend their time is up to each of you, but whining about how much time of yours they are wasting is just dumb.

Aggregator gang
Came to read complaints about the people complaining.

Fucking Moose and Squirrel shit.

@Amplify
Look man, people don’t care what the translators do but we do care when the mangadex manager doesn’t update their site. Fixing small problems like these are what makes a site so great, otherwise I’d go to kissmanga instead. This is a basic factor of capitalism, called competition. You should have already knew this

@NovaXII It's just that I hate it when I get my hopes up for a new chapter and it turns out to be a reup of a chapter that already exists.

Dex-chan lover
@Eschaton
Oh man, I'm sorry for your massive inconvenience of seeing a new chapter only to find out it's a reupload of an older chapter, this is an absolute travesty that should be outlawed by the Geneva convention.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rAlTOfl9F2w

@Amplify
Resorting to sarcasm? Come on, you must have more logical counter arguments somewhere in you. I still haven’t played all my cards yet.

Users who are viewing this thread