Luck Stealer

Fed-Kun's army
Strong start, incredibly good flashback/backstory arc, but the final arc is horrible. I didn't believe it was possible to mess up an interesting premise this badly and this fast.

Final arc spoilers:
Suddenly, here's an all-powerful worldwide cult who wants to kidnap the protag and kill everyone we care about! Oh, and they've infiltrated the protag's organization! And they have a spy in the group that takes in the protag after that! And they've got a goddamn military force in Japan! And they're so evil and well-connected they can get away with anything and cover it all up! Because fuck you, that's why!

I'm just incredibly disappointed. Solid 8/10 for the first part, 9/10 for the flashback arc, and then it nosedives off a cliff in the final arc when it tries to tie everything up.

Good start, but feels like the author either got tired or was told by his editor to end early.
Rival assassin Sakura was making a big deal about how he was going to discover protag's secret and then kill him personally, but he ends up fighting a side character and losing and never gets to interact with protag again. Clearly he was set up to play a bigger role but was rewritten at the last arc.

The only thing I found sad was
Kotaro's death
. Overall story was decent, but pretty rushed. Still, glad they managed to get normal lives at the end.

I disagree quite a bit. The big bad was set up all the way back in volume 3 and I found volumes 7-10 really good. I’d agree with the flashback arc being the best but in my opinion I thought the beginning was easily the weakest

Users who are viewing this thread