Ice Revolution

At least the main female character is cute. If you like that kind of stuff you've might (probably) enjoying this manga.

Dex-chan lover
Mm... ... ... I liked it, to an extent. The art is attractive, I like tomboyish main characters, Saaya's expressions were amusing, the skate shop owner's cat was funny... it has a lot of good elements. They just don't come together that well because it felt like the story was advancing at a breakneck pace. Even though we get shown a central part of Saaya's past, for example, by the end of the manga, I feel like I still don't really know anything about the character. I don't know anything about anyone aside from the main character because she's the only one the reader gets a chance to get close to. Everyone else barely changes from when we first met them.

Maybe it was because the series or the magazine it was published in was constantly under the axe? No clue. It's regrettable, because I could really envision it lasting for several volumes, a fun shounen sports series with the usual tournament style progression, tropes, and whatnot. Perhaps it always had an uphill climb with a traditionally feminine subject clashing with the shounen genre, but it could have worked.

Well, I'm glad I had a chance to read it to the end, at any rate.

Group Leader
I guess @ghostkun put the emphasis on the best parts and on what's missing here.
This is such a lovely manga however... you can feel the axe over the author's head when you read it. You can feel there's so much more he wanted to elaborate, talk about, etc.
There is so much more to this manga than the eyes can meet, however the editor for some reason didn't let it go this way.

A lovely piece, sadly it had such a short lifespan... I wish I could've read this for much more longer. The characters are lovely but we are missing so many things about them, there's so many questions yet no answers. I don't believe it to be the author's fault, I guess he bit his fingers off when he wasn't allowed a longer series. There are so many hints to things that could've been elaborated, so many hints the author wanted to give better portraits, backstories, etc. I feel bad both as a reader and as someone who loves what he does.

Double-page supporter
A great short manga. It could have been longer, but in it's current form it is nonetheless enjoyable.

Dex-chan lover
I really enjoyed this one, but the last chapter has way too much content. The series could be easily be one or two volumes longer without feeling padded.

THAT is how you implement a trans character.
I really enjoyed it, it was really wholesome and I wish I could've
seen some happy chillax days but anyway - really enjoyed it!

Users who are viewing this thread