Tate no Yuusha no Nariagari - Vol. 13 Ch. 50 - The Beginning

@MCX01 The Wave is a national youth movement in the United States that wishes for equality through discipline, community, and action. /s

Dex-chan lover
@Wancakes what's confusing? the heroes ran off to another country to fight the spirit turtle and Naofumi is chasing after them to stop them.

Double-page supporter
@ultimatehaki if you live for a long time and see humans failing itself over and over again and all the shit they do, everyone would lose the will to help them

@Kalec

I honestly can't blame Fitoria at this point. Naofumi has been the only one trying while the other three heroes continue to be dickheads.
I'd be like "fuck those guys" too.

Dex-chan lover
Well if you people don't mind spoilers
The heroes think the spirit turtle is like the game, a semi strong mob with great rewards (which is why they know how to unseal it) but the one here is a true calamity you can't just beat by hitting it really hard.
The thing is that the more people the turtle kills the more the date of the next wave gets pushed back, at killing around 2/3-3/4 of all humanity they assume it would completely stop the wave.
Fitoria probably saw the heroes willingly going to unseal the turtle and ... probably simply gave up as even she was probably at her limit considering the heroes actions with this one surpassing the others by far. That's why she tells them there is no point, she doesn't believe it can be stopped and it will stop at some point anyway while fulfilling the goal the heroes where summoned for. Even if she doesn't agree with it she thinks there is nothing that can be done.
There is also the thing that unsealing the Spirit Turtle will unseal all four beasts who will wake up one after the other. And all 4 are no pushover so just stopping the turtle is no way enough. So yes, they fucked up even worse even worse

Fed-Kun's army
Good god, they are really going to take a HUGE beating now. You just cant easly fight something of that size.

Double-page supporter
As someone who has read the LN:

Fitoria is lying out her ass about there only being two choices, she's only giving Naofumi info/options pertinent to his purpose as a hero, there are ways to escape that world and/or ascend to godhood, also, the spirit turtle is one of four guardians holding that worlds barrier together, it protects the world from the one causing the waves, the three idiots went to kill the turtle, and Fitoria left all that out of her explanation, she's a total bitch.

Dex-chan lover
@gaigous Not exactly
lying but considering them simply impossible, I could theoretically rise an army and conquer the world (and totally want to :p) but if that option was on a career sheet I would laugh and ignore it for obvious reason. No point telling them about thinks that could "never happen" in her mind. And let's be honest considering what it is I can't blame her even if she din't have an overall low opinion on the heroes to begin with.
Also remember the context, Fitoria expects that the Turtle can't be beaten so the rest isn't even up to consideration for her

Double-page supporter
@theShear She sucks at "chess"
That's not a very good analogy for this topic IMO, and It's the corporations/employers fault for viewing individuals as their roles instead of people, a person's values are their own, they are not for others to control/decide, also, she's on the cusp of godhood herself, knows all about the old man, the spirits, and the goddess, there are many variables that would allow for that turtle to be killed, so believing it isn't a real possibility in that scenario just means she's stupid.

Dex-chan lover
@gaigous
I disagree, this is a monster which the old heroes were only able to seal at best so assuming that a single hero who is also much weaker than the old heroes has a snowball chance in hell is realistic. Not to speak about the other options. I mean what's she supposed to tell him "Oh yeah you could become a god so that's three options" pretty sure he would simply think she's gone crazy.
It's not a sign of a good chessmaster to set everything on a single pawn if you lost most of your other pieces while the enemy has still a mostly full board, it's just that this pawn turned out to be not a pawn at all despite what everyone believed.
On a side note my metaphor wasn't that good but what I wanted to say was that yes someone can theoretically do impossible things but that doesn't mean it's possible and should be considered. In this case Fitoria looked at the complete and utter failure that is the other 3 heroes and simply believed our shield bro alone is simply not enough. I mean she turns out to be wrong but this is our Shield Hero's story after all but I don't think we can blame her for this. Especially as you said she knows more than others and knows the scale of the true threat.

@theshear

will the shield hero in any point of the history become overall stronger than the other heroes? at this point in time he is quite limited to the fact that the only weapon he can master/use is a shield.

Dex-chan lover
@darkdrake Well simply put
Yes though it depends on what you mean by strength. His Attack Power will always be low aside from some hax skills but overall power it's definitely a yes. Actually he probably already is

Double-page supporter
@theShear
A monster that can be killed with knowledge and preparation, we're going off track here though, my point is the turtle can be left alone, it's not necessary to kill it, they could have subdued the three heroes and cut their losses, there are SO many ways to go off script here, the potential for abuse with such vague powers at work is immense, also, telling Naofumi everything is not throwing away one of your pieces, it's empowering them, she is withholding information for nothing.

Dex-chan lover
@gaigous
My guess considering the familiars already appeared it was already too late to stop them. And I do agree that her keeping everything to herself was wrong but there are cases of too much information. For example considering who we are talking about had she talked to them about the goddess there is a good chance that bitch might have decided to wipe them out (in the cruelest manner possible) the moment she found out they know but that shouldn't have stopped her from telling them about what's the deal with the turtle at least.
Honestly my guess is right now that she realized what the stupid trio had done, looked at her remaining cards and gave up. Unless this is some kind of secret test of character or something, guess we know at the end of this arc.
On a side note how do you do that? making my name in Yellow?

Users who are viewing this thread