Heterogenia Linguistico - Vol. 1 Ch. 10

Dex-chan lover
man, this manga world building is always surprising in every chapter

god tier world building writing skill

Dex-chan lover
World building at its finest

I love despite eating their friend the races still shared memories of his life as a form of remembrance

Also susuki being an attention seeker from sensei is still adorable

Dex-chan lover
Such a fascinating look at different ways other cultures/creatures would view death.

Dex-chan lover
It is not just a nice way of remembering the deceased by making him a part of you, it is also convenient, with dragons getting so big in their old age, burying them or cremating them wouldn't be practical, so processing and eating the body would avoid the problem of having a giant corpse rotting away.

Plus they also gain a lot of food and materials, it is even more efficient than burying the corpse so that the microorganism in the ground would decompose the body.

Dex-chan lover
Nice that there’s a date for the next chapter...really puts me at ease.
That end was pretty forboding about how the sensei didn’t even get near to comprehending the differences in culture. Little wolf girl is too little and salty, at least she’ll be seasoned for when she’s eaten.

Fed-Kun's army
Friendly remainder that eating people is bad and may turn your brain into mush.

Dex-chan lover
How many licks does it take to get to the center of a loli? One... Nope...too salty.

Dex-chan lover
Not only is eating the dead accepted, it is considered an insult or snub to tell someone you wouldn't eat them if they died. I guess if it is considered better to become a part of others than rot in the earth, it makes a kind of sense. The author has put some thought into this.

Group Leader
This feels very reminiscent of Stranger in a Strange Land's treatment of the deceased.

VIP
even human it self don't eat the deceased (i think unless some very rare oceanian tribe), we have pretty common sky burial or tower of silence... read them, it's quite interesting how our value and moralities is build up and how our preception out of it make different in practice... one of reason why moralities is more frequent is not objective and we are the one made them....

Users who are viewing this thread