GE ~Good Ending~

Dex-chan lover
This had a promising beginning but turned into a Seo Kouji-style train wreck. Worth reading the one-shot and pretending the rest never happened. The newer series by the same mangaka, Domestic na Kanojo, is better so far--still in that soap opera kind of style but kept more within bounds so it doesn't inspire as much rage.

Contributor
Yeah I like the Oneshot but can't imagine liking the series, 150 chapters to reach that end goal? n o p e, im not ready for that much harem bullshit

Fed-Kun's army
I feel compelled to remind people that the point of these kinds of manga is NOT the end-goal, but the journey towards it. Despite what people say, this was really popular for a reason, but dropped off because...well, let's be real it kept repeating the same scenario but with different people. It got stale, hence the rushed ending. I feel it was paced just fine and the ending should have been fleshed out more, but that's what happens when a manga loses popularity in Japan.

What the hell happened with this project? Was it dropped or is the translator group lazy?

One of my absolute favourites of all time, her art improved afterwards with Domestic Na Kanojo, but this was till great for me.

the best course of action is reading the one-shot, the ending and the after-wards chapter.
I really liked the whole journey but there were some parts that felt really stupid and a waste a time, but it's a really entertaining manga that manages to keep you hooked (except when dumb stuff happens).

Yea some parts relationship wise did seem like they had no real purpose, but overall reading through the whole story was quite enjoyable, i just wish that the ending had more time to develop and give it the sense of suspense it was missing. Sorta felt like it just fell flat during the "climactic" chapters.
Edit: i just wanted to respond to one of the previous comments. Sure the ride is important, but dropping the quality of the ending does little in favor of the readers. The idea that someone reads 140 chapters, and getting handed an ending is just unpleasant. Granted I'd still give this an 8/10, but reading all that to just receive a somewhat premature ending is unsatisfying, even if its due to the mangas popularity dropping.

What a fucking awful manga. Melodramatic, adolescently angsty bullshit. In all seriousness, you need to be about 12 years old emotionally and mentally to enjoy this pile of garbage. Anyone with any relationship skills at all will get nauseous at the abject stupidity of the characters.

Group Leader
Personally I think the end was the worst part of the manga - it isn’t bad, just the worst part, due to it being rushed obviously. Otherwise this is simply a high school soap opera made into a manga. It’s over-dramatic, the story is linear and predictable, though the side characters were given some care, there’s little suspense or creativity, but it’s still an entertaining read. Even with my second read I’m still undecided what to think of this manga, but overall I think it’s a decent work from a talented artist.

ok first of, i am not that experienced with relationships, so maybe that's why i dont see the problem with this manga. This story is legit one of my favs, i read it when i was like 11 and innocent but i forgot about it until recently. 6 years later, i found it on a strike of luck and i now see it from a new point of view. I dont know why but i really loved the story, especially the art style. I dont know why a lot of ppl say its trash but i guess i might be the weird one. Honestly, this story tells so much about love and its ups and downs, its all about the progress/the chase for a certain goal and ironically, not about the ending. I personally was very found of the ending because it is my wish to experience the same ending. I wont go in more details cuz i dont want to spoil but i can also see why some ppl said that it was poopoo. Anyways, i strongly recommend to read all of the chapters cuz the journey will be satisfying.(idk why i wrote this big ass comment, maybe its nostaligia? but i just wanted to share my feelings to the world i guess)

Oh my God the author also wrote domestic girlfriend? THIS EXPLAINS SO MUCH! LOL

No wonder all the soap opera DNA is the same 🤣

Somehow this feels even more soap opera ish than DNK. Ending makes more sense though I guess... Rarely there are closures all around....

Fvck this sh1t pissed me off! Damn there was more drama than i anticipated. Way too much for my liking. At some point, I started skimming through the rest. There were more times of sadness and pain than there were happy moments between the main couple. And both MC were annoying as hell! Wanted to punch them both in the face and pull their hair out. I liked the happy ending though and extra chapter so i’ll give this a 6/10.

This is worse than domestic girlfriend. It’s not bad it’s good but near the ending it loses all hope of realism but the ending is in my opinion like last 2 chops or so as the manga says a really good ending. Highly recommended

Users who are viewing this thread