Love Is an Illusion

On one hand this seems right up my alley, with two cute guys. On the other I am taken right out of it with the weird "Α can impregnate Ω" going on in the world building. Feels like an impregnation fetish, and even though the story is surely lovely I can't get past the weird worldbuilding.

See I get annoyed when the whole omegaverse world is based on gender, pregnancy, and heat but purely devolves into sexism, rape, abuse and forced marriage. All the omegas go into heat but either never get pregnant or skip the 10 months of pregnancy.

I've read this one twice, I love it..I can't wait to see what happens..I also am in love with the concept..men can have children..this is awesome.

RD

The story was interesting, but there were so many things that made it unbearable to read! I finished the rest of this season 'outside' of here sooo yeah! honest opinion and a bit of hate ahead, i left the spoilers under the mark (or at least I hope so because I'm an idiot with these things, sorry ;-;).

1) The world building. This is not just this story but most of the omegaverse kind of story.
Man getting pregnant is a huge turn off for me. Also, it doesn't happen on this one, but there's usually a rule that says that Alphas are rare but Omegas are even more rare, which makes the whole 'fated pair' unreasobale. But they didn't put it here so kudos to them!

2) Unhealthy relationship: no matter how you look at it, this follows most of the characteristics of an unhealthy relationship. I'm leaving examples of it so you can know what you're getting into:
Omega stays at Alpha's home because of money, when he wants to leave the Alpha proceeds to rape him and we're supposed to feel sorry for the Alpha because he couldn't help himself since he desires him so much. That's not the end, Omega gets pregnant and doesn't want the baby, Alpha convinces him to have it under the condition that Alpha will raise the baby by himself and will give Omega millions of compensation. Then Omega proceeds to treat him as his personal slave to stupid extents like making him buy him stuff and go to a store at 2 a.m to get him food, that itself isn't as bothering considering the fact that he was raped but he treats the baby as a tool to get money, even going to the extent to say "Mi money soon will be born" or something like that, and it's seen funny. The whole thing is seen as a comedy. No baby should be treated as a tool to get money.
I like to see unhealthy relationships, it's interesting how they work but it just doesn't do it for me when it's seen as a good thing.

3) Characters: this is just my taste, no need to take me too seriously on this tbh. The Alpha was just too stereotypical. Quiet but strong guy with a strict family. He acts possessive when it comes to sex.
He decided to stand against his family for his love to music so I give him that, he gets kind of obsessed over what he likes, being a hobby or a person. He doesn't have anything I haven't read before. But I didn't hate his character that much,going past the fact that he's a rapist of course.
And there's the omega. Too selfish and arrogant for me. Doesn't help the fact that he can be a bit of an idiot sometimes.
He gets unbearable during the half of the season and at the end the author throws you his tragic past so you feel sympathy for him. I don't feel that much empathy for a guy who puts a price on a baby.
His past is sad, I feel bad for him but it doesn't excuse what he's doing now.

So yeah, that's pretty much it. They're both with too many issues and I feel like it will end with "I heal you with the power of my love" and everything will be fine. Which is just too unreal to me. I finished the first season and since it didn't get any better I will just drop it. If you read it and liked it then good for you my friend.

Thank you to the previous poster for showing a sneak peak of what I'll find in this comic. I'm not a fan of those kinds of things so it helped me a lot!

Users who are viewing this thread