C.M.B.

One quick question:
In 66.1 the islands are stated to be one of the few places penguins can be seen below the equator.
Most penguins are found below the equator (Antarctica, South America, Australia etc.); was it meant to be above the equator?

Fed-Kun's army
It's supposed to be "right below" or "directly under". Basically it's not "below" as in "south" but the surface (ground) of the planet under the imaginary line in the sky that is the equator. A better translation might be "within the equatorial belt".

I doubt penguins naturally travel north of that belt.

Dex-chan lover
man i should check whether or not they still sell this in my country, i really love shinra

Good story 8.5/10 but this story is definitely either isn't earth or is the future since there's no language barrier I can see even though they've traveled to various parts of the world. I like the murder mysteries but why does a guy interested in history have more murders then QED manga?

Well its the detective theory, wherever a detective goes, mystery must follow.

Group Leader
Vol. 27 Ch. 85 (Lucky) is by far the best C.M.B. chapter ever

So V28 is over and at the moment there are only 11 more left to translate, which should mean another 44 chapters.

Looking back, I can't believe so many years have passed since I started reading C.M.B. (and Q.E.D. ofc) and now we're finally almost on par with the raws... I feel both happy and frustrated xD

Dex-chan lover
i really like the author but some of the culprits reveals seem really random at the end with pretty shoddy written motives.

I have to say that I really enjoy this manga. Although I am an avid reader of history both human and natural, I still learn things from this manga. I discovered a new hero in Maria Sibylla Merian. I'm a guy, but relish stories of "uppity" women who don't fit the mold of their time. I'm really thankful for wikipedia, as I can open a new window and research things that I run across in CMB and QED and broaden my knowledge. I have to say, though, that in disagreement with sarshi, Mau is probably my favorite character. I reeeaaally lost it when she was conducting the seance in "Ghost in the Cabinet."

A huge Thank You to Irregular Scans for their most excellent work to bring us readers these high quality translated manga!
Since all 3 series (CMB, QED, & QED iff) routinely involve physics, mathematics, or history, tackling such intelligent material & its jargon, is truly a labor of love--especially since they don't get paid.
Appreciate the dedication from translator Osaka-san😜 , proofreader Digit, and the technical folks-- cleaners/typesetters & q.a. (like Peter, Crystal & Gent)!

Users who are viewing this thread