Radiant - Vol. 3 Ch. 19 - The Bulwark

Contributor
So that's how he died? Damn, I was hoping for something more painful.

Wait hold on there, that's not exactly an equivalent comparison. As a captain, you are given power over your subordinates and some over peers, and if they step out of line, it is partially your fault. Even if you aren't their direct boss, in an hierarchical system, you still have the power to veto something. If you are in elementary school and a teacher that isn't yours says to stop throwing rocks at the kindergartners, you fucking stop throwing rocks. Any teacher that sees that happening and DOESN'T stop it is in trouble too when a kid gets an eye taken out

Meanwhile, if a left handed person murders someone, another unrelated left handed person isn't responsible for that

Group Leader
@Ceiye : yep he literally became the wall :p

Wait hold on there, that's not exactly an equivalent comparison. As a captain, you are given power over your subordinates and some over peers, and if they step out of line, it is partially your fault. Even if you aren't their direct boss, in an hierarchical system, you still have the power to veto something. If you are in elementary school and a teacher that isn't yours says to stop throwing rocks at the kindergartners, you fucking stop throwing rocks. Any teacher that sees that happening and DOESN'T stop it is in trouble too when a kid gets an eye taken out

I think you are referring to what Dragunov said to Seth here, hum, in fact Dragunov and Konrad have the same rank within the Inquisition, so it was kinda hard for Dragunov to take Konrad down (as you can see in the previous chapter with the interactions within the Thaumaturges order, they all had opposite point of views regarding Konrad's behaviour), he needed the mission of Seth & co. as an excuse to come back to Rumble Town and investigate about what happened 15 years ago.

Meanwhile, if a left handed person murders someone, another unrelated left handed person isn't responsible for that

Also the whole point of the interaction between Seth and Dragunov this chapter was to build up some kind of ambiguous point of view to the reader. The fact that not all is black and white.
After a ton whole lot of chapters with "full xenophobia madness & bullshit" coming from Konrad, Dragunov is showed to the reader as someone from the "other side" that can show some compassion and common sense. All the "dumb things" he said to Seth were just the same words Seth said to him switching the "antagonist", exposing to Seth that his statements were also "bullshit".

Damn it Doc I was just warming up to you...Another thing I've seen the rating and oh boy I'm disappointed but not surprised. I always suspected a series with themes reflective to society dark side like Radiant will face some sort of backlash...but a 7? Shame.

As someone who reads more western fantasy novels than reads manga, I really appreciate a shounen with western-style characters and western-style cultural conflicts. Radiant gives me that ghibli feel. It's definitely the shounen I'm most excited about in several years. I really appreciate the breakaway from certain Japanese character tropes even though the genre is the same. Konrad is such a good villain because of this.

I'm sure the Inquisition hypocritically employs sorcerers, but just calls them something else or hides from them how they got their powers.

Group Leader
@RedZebra yeah, i totally feel the same, i mean, even a total shit manga like Black Clover have a better ratting than Radiant ... Just, what the fuck dude ?

Group Leader
@Jugo-kun : having 7+ at Rumble Town's arc dont surprise me, I'm sure it'll become a 9.99/10 at the end of Caislean Merlin arc :p

While I'm glad there's more to look forward to I didn't sense any faults with this arc( which was eye-opening to me ) but to each their own ?

Group Leader
@RedZebra I think the fight against Konrad was way too long and it really just insist too much on how he's such a nazi, he's definitely not that a great opponent against Seth, I think the pace slowed down too much at volume 3, all the other volumes deserves a 8 at bare minimum though imo.

Users who are viewing this thread