Inbox notif shouldn't show when unopened messages are deleted

As said in thread topic: when I delete a message from say, a spam account or bot, it shouldn't still be showing in my notifications that I have unread messages - I clearly don't want to open it to see what they said when it's a very highly likely chance they xould have embdedded some hard coding that doesn't show in the message to try and phish or hack anything from me.

Thanks for reading.

Dex-chan lover
@Kitsune_Hellscythe
Do yourself a solid and change the DM settings to friends only you wont get anymore spam emails that way but the bots will still annoy the shit out of you with friend requests.
As for the actual suggestion well the sticky has something to say about it some clarification from staff would be appreciated (since I don't want to dig for the answer)

@sterven ; don't be coming to here and taking your 'tude out on me because of your recent thread posts. 👀

But this is applying to all unread messages that have the answer obviously shown in the name of said message - I still shouldn't have to open the message and see its contents for it to not still show in my notifs.

Dex-chan lover
@Kitsune_Hellscythe
don't be coming to here and taking your 'tude out on me because of your recent thread posts. 👀
tenor.gif

Calm down there bud this is just some advice coming from someone with the same problem besides that how we get along over at Gen.

But this is applying to all unread messages that have the answer obviously shown in the name of said message - I still shouldn't have to open the message and see its contents for it to not still show in my notifs.
I agree I just know something similar is on the sticky and I want clarification.

Double-page supporter
Greetings.

I represent the "Suggestion to close the Suggestions forums" initiative. Thank you for making a suggestion.
As your suggestion was already suggested before, I invoke my authority to count it as a vote towards the "Suggestion to close the Suggestions forums."
You don't have to do anything and you cannot be excused from participating in our initiative.

Thank you for your contribution and have a nice day.

previous suggestion:
--- Inbox notification for deleted unread mail
In the sticky: kinda (Forum rework)

Dex-chan lover
@Kitsune_Hellscythe
recent thread posts
Like sterven said, we were just bantering in General. It was nothing serious.
very highly likely chance they xould have embdedded some hard coding that doesn't show in the message to try and phish or hack anything from me
People have opened them before without any problem, so you should be fine.

And I noticed you still have DM's set to 'From everyone', which is cool and all but if you do keep getting spammed then you should consider changing the setting.

@bigtiddyoneesan ; I will consider it, thanks - it's the first time I got a message so far, so it's strike one. 👀 Don't exactly have a handle on how often it happens yet.

But you never know with people on the internet - and I've seen some really weird shit in my time...

Users who are viewing this thread