Watashi no Shounen - Vol. 5 Ch. 23 - Lid

Double-page supporter
Still too young to actually be in a relationship with her X'DDD This manga is really beautiful though, despite all the heartbreak ;A;

Dex-chan lover
it's an 18 years gap :/, I know age should be dismissed at some point in life but he's 14 and 18 is a bit crazy.

Dex-chan lover
i sincerely hope they don't end up together because i really can't imagine it with the age gap. it's even more weird because she met him as a kid

Aggregator gang
The age gap itself isn't the reason I have issues with this. The issues arise because of power dynamics. Realistically, she has more power than him and he is incapable of consenting to a situation he doesn't fully understand. Without a clear break longer than the two-year gap we got, this dynamic can't be altered. Even then, I have my reservations. If they met at 24 and 42, I'd be 100% ok with it.

Manga like this is useful for exploring the reasons behind your morality. If I can't describe why I believe something is wrong, I tend to believe that it isn't wrong. In this case, I can explain why I think it is wrong, so I'm satisfied.

kid needs to wait until he's 20 years old at least to be with a cougar
until then you're still too immature

Fed-Kun's army
I hate this too. I understand why they can't be in a relationship but I also wish they can be in a relationship. I hate seeing them both cry when they just literally wanna live and smile together. But I know how Mashuu is still not developed as mentally and emotionally well to enter this relationship filled with hardships and criticism and downright illegal.

Perhaps if they just wait but, is that something that should happen? How can you live right now, if you're just looking at one person who's in the future? Can you properly grow and pay attention to your surroundings? I want him to experience what youth is like, and grow in "today", not "10 years from now". But is that something for me to decide and say it's right? Am I even right? I'm around his fucking age for goodness sake! Ugh.

∧__,,∧
( ´;ω;)
(0 UUO

Aggregator gang
You guys @Kryspy_Kreme @SoloSera make excellent points, I want them to be together and IMHO I think they should although I also think it's wrong, it's a fucked situation, lots of people have eloped to be in taboo relationships like this one since the dawn of men, at least she truly does love him and cares for him, he is probably the most important person in her life

Dex-chan lover
tbh when he's 18 and she's 36, I don't see why they can't be together

psa if you somehow made it this far wanting an age-gap love story I would suggest The Garden Of Words for something less "No , they definitely shouldnt date"

Users who are viewing this thread