Split long strip pages on mobile

Some long strip manhuas/web comics are uploaded in too large of chunks for mobile browsers to render properly (sometimes the whole chapter is one huge image) and it ends up looking like pixelated garbage. None of the mobile browsers I've tried have worked with these long images.
The only way to read these is to download the images.

The issue was brought up as a bug in another thread that suggested imposing restrictions on the uploader, which I think is a bad way of doing it. It would be good if MD could split the images on upload or something like that to make these chapters readable.

Double-page supporter
> It would be good if MD could split the images on upload

That's literally not possible since there's no fixed size "pages" in longstrips.

is a Reindeer
VIP
@mashedTomatoes it's only a problem on Apple devices. Report chapters that are too large or complain to the groups and beg them to stop annihilating mobile users

Dex-chan lover
@mashedTomatoes Can I ask what's the specs of your device? Because the pixelated thing sounds like a known problem with low-specs device. I use a kindle fire and scrolling would give me pixelated pics, but not on the chapter images themselves but rather other elements like cover photo, icons etc. Same thing happens with other sites btw not just MD. Gamepress, fandom etc

@Yatsuki It's a Fire HD 10 so not high power. I've only had problems with long images, never with page elements. Given that images display just fine outside of the browser I don't think it's an issue with lack of processing power or memory.

It doesn't matter how they're split because they're all shown as one continuous strip even when it's multiple images.
@mashedTomatoes
I don't know if it will change how the images are rendered but have you tried changing the reading mode to others then back to single again (yeah, you have to do this every time you open a new chapter)

Users who are viewing this thread