A good starter anime!

Angel Beats! is the ultimate starter Anime.

It might not the best Anime out there, but a starter doesn't have to be.
It's however good in nearly every aspect that defines a good Anime.

Dex-chan lover
Old anime
The Law of Ueki (Action, Supernatural/Magic)
Flame of Recca (Action, Supernatural)

Currently airing
Mushoku Tensei (Fantasy, Magic, Isekai)
Horimiya (Romance, Slice of Life, School)
Jujutsu Kaisen (Action, Supernatural)

Popular for both Normal and Otakus
Attack on Titan (Action)
Demon Slayer - Kimetsu no Yaiba (Action, Demons)

Movie
Your Name (Romance, Drama(?))
Burn The Witch (Fantasy, Magic)
Wolf Children (Drama, Slice of Life, Werewolf)
Summer Wars (Action)
Dragon Ball Super - Broly (Action)

and whatever people mentioned in the comments

Gintama
Kill la kill
Hellsing ultimate
Midori no hibi
Ladies vs butlers
Getbackers
Ghost in the shell
Why the hell are you here sensei
Inuyasha
iya na kao sare nagara opantsu misete moraitai

Group Leader
To someone who wants to watch anime for real and not for the H scenes:
Start off with Naruto
It contains a lot of the genres and is good for anyone wanting to step into the anime world.
Naruto contains a lot of genres and depending on what appeals to you, you can search for other anime.
*If you like the Dark themes:
Death Note is a good second anime

*If you like the Comedy scenes:
Then KonoSuba is a good second anime

*If you like the Romance themes:
Then Quintessential Quintuplets is a good second anime

*If you like the Action scenes:
Then Law of Ueki is a good second anime (I haven't watched it tho)

*If you like the *cough* BL *cough* scenes:
Then Yuri on Ice is a good second anime

*If you like the "Tsundere" women:
Then Familiar of Zero is a good second anime

*If you like Rivalry atmosphere:
Then Haikyuu! is a good second anime

*If you like the Wordy + Action scenes:
Then Attack on Titan is a good second anime

*If you like Comedy + Romance scenes:
Then Hayate the Combat Butler is a good choice

Anyone can add more if they know better anime.

Group Leader
it is not an anime
OR IS IT?
tenor.gif
but it will get you hooked

The best anime to start with varies from person to person and depends on their taste which genre you like and things like that.

So if you are a fan of thrillers then

Death Note.
DnHcBqL.jpg

There is no better anime for you to start with. It one of the best and highest rated anime of all time. It will tell you that rules are different here from tv show and movies. Even if you are not a fan of thrillers or don't have any specific taste then I recommend this anime to start your wonderful journey.

If you are a fan of action then

Attack on titan
XSosp37.png

This is a great anime about a world filled with man eating giants known as titans. It has a great story and great action setpieces.

Full metal Alchemist Brotherhood
pep3JYy.jpg

This could go in many of the genres but I like to fit it here. It is considered the greatest anime of all time and for a reason. P. S. Don't watch full metal Alchemist even though it's great but Brotherhood is the better option. P. P. S. I wouldn't recommend starting with this series as you everything you watch after will pale in comparison watch it after you have watched 5-6 anime.

If you are a fan of psychological horror

Tokyo ghoul

For fans of the psychological genre there is no better anime than Tokyo ghoul and if you like things messing with your mind then watch Tokyo ghoul or better yet read the manga.

If you are here for something light hearted

K-on

K-on is an extremely light hearted anime. It just cute girls doing cute things. It is also recommended for comedy fans. It is the slice of life anime.

If you can't get enough of the drama

Your lie in april

Your lie in april is the one of the best and the most heartbreaking story anime has to offer. Even though the ending may be a little cliche but it will make you cry or atleast feel like you have a deep void in your heart. It is just great.

Angel beats.

Like your lie in april I this anime is also really heartbreaking and is recommended if you like drama.

If you are a fan of long running series which are primarily focused at kids(although adults can also enjoy them.

Dragon ball z

Naruto

One piece

My hero academia

All of them are a lots of fun to watch if you have time on your hand. Yeah you will need time one piece is 850 episodes in at the time of writing this and no where near finishing. Dbz and naruto are near 500 episodes if you count all the seasons.

If you want some of the old classic

Neon genesis evangelion

You need to be on the next level of intellectual to fully understand this series what start as a simple giants robot fighting monsters changes into one of the greatest mind mess. It will mess your mind if you are able to fully understand it.

Cowboy bebop

Just a fun little series about the adventure of a space cowboy. Wouldn't that be the most awesome job ever. It is a classic anime and you may like it. It is of the action genre.

For something that genuinely really good, and you could share with everyone, you really can't go wrong with fullmetal alchemist:brotherhood, avatar, haikyuu and slam-dunk.

For something that genuinely really good, and a little bit "sus". I would recommend to start with Arcane or AoT.

Aggregator gang
popular stuff that feels like those stories we watched in our youth: Avatar
smth gud to keep as gud memories in the future once ur deep in the anime media: Your Lie in April (my alltime fave anime for its ost, plot, story, characs)

Users who are viewing this thread