would anyone read a manga that has shbitty art?

im thinking of making a manga, for fun. however, im still atleast trynna get one person to read some of it lmao. my art is not the best, so i wonder, would anyone read a manga that is poorly drawn?

Group Leader
@asianskill
NO. At least I wouldn't! And I'm someone who has SWORN off Jojo's Bizarre Adventure ALL because the art is super shitty.
But depends if you're gonna draw a webtoon. then you can try it out. But I recommend you at least have an AVERAGE level of drawing.

Dex-chan lover
maybe write novel instead? aim for different audience for different result

It happens I've seen several long running works that started with crap art, and they just improved as they went

Dex-chan lover
@Mangalover9000 considering half the things you read is trash korean and Chinese stuff, I cant say you have much of a leg to stand on in terms of "taste"

Contributor
Plot matters most. Unless it's hideous like Jojo (which I refuse to read for the same reason as the poster above!) it'll be fine.

And even Jojo has lots of fans... just not me.

If you're asking for a 10/10 manga with shitty ass art the first one that comes to mind is 'One Outs' , it has phenomenal plot, god tier characters, the MC is really good and it has some of the best twists and a very satisfying ending. The art however is dog shit, it's like someone drew it as a rough draft and posted it, still I'd highly recommend it.

Another 10/10 is 'Onani Master Kurosawa' (Masturbator Master Kurosawa - wierd name I know) but yeah this one isn't for everyone because it gets super edgy at times but if you really want to read a one of a kind manga then this is the one. The art is pretty shit but that's to be expected since it was one of the artist's first works, now he's a lot better.

As long as your story is engaging and gets the reader invested I don't think the art really matters, of course for it to be a popular work the art has to be decent but as far as fans are considered, if your work connects with people then no matter how few, someone will be thankful that you decided to create this work.
Of course not everyone shares the same sentiments as I do seeing as some people refuse to read Jojo's because of it's supposed 'hideous art' even though it is arguably one of the greatest manga of all time, not just because of it's plot but because of the impact it has on the modern anime and manga culture, I think that in itself warrants it a read.

Dex-chan lover
That "Gun otaku isekai manga"
Was intrigue with the idea, but slowly lost interest because didn't really enjoy the story anymore and especially the art. Sometimes the art is kinda "stiff". I thought it was gonna be better, but no
if you know what I mean :/

It depends on what kind of bad
An amateur-ish art that may look bad on surface but have a good structure and composition don't bother me too much (also it can be improved quite easely)
A total amateur art that fail even on the basics will be much more grating to read, although a solid story can completely surpass the art trouble

i tried to read a manga with , what i consider to be, shitty art. I couldn't bear it an dropped the series. I really loved and still love the anime they made basing on it (plot and art fortunately differs from the manga.)
if you are interested:
https://mangadex.org/title/585/elfen-lied

especially the first chapters and volumes are bad. admittedly, I couldn't do it better but i wouldn't try to sell this for 20 bucks per volume . . .

Users who are viewing this thread