Where were you reading manga before you discovered MangaDex?

Miku best girl
Admin
It would be interesting to see where our readers have come from. ?

If you select "other", please make sure to post how you used to read manga below!

(This poll will run for 2 weeks.)

Group Leader
T'would be cool if there was a % display next to the vote count as well, so it's easier to see the proportions.
Cool new feature though Holo b

Group Leader
Other: a mix of dodgy sites and bato.to. I read mostly on bato.to, other than the stuff I really couldn’t find there.

Fed-Kun's army
Mix between scanlators and aggregators, never discovered bato.to before it was shutdown.

Miku best girl
Admin
I will make it prettier with % and bars. I wanted some real poll data first ?

Double-page supporter
Finding out mangadex gave me the strength i wanted to leave kisscrap...
Now i only need a better anime website to replace the million adds one im using ;_; ... you guys dont happen to want to add a anime section here too? xD

Youtube *wheeze*
That is a tricky way to read manga. But I never tried it, I mean, I can't read it in the form of slides and I have to bother pause while reading. What a struggle.

@Holo you're devoloping to better hoping that this site would be No.1 and all people will read manga here ^^
Other i read manga on application manga bird then on mangakakalot then found MD
"Sorry for my bad english"

Was on kissmanga but they overdid it with pop-up ads so it was time to find something else and so far I like mangadex. This site still need some work but has great potential, keep the good work.

Let's make polls great again and not have them get stuck on "Voting" ?

__

Best user 2018. - Holo

Last edited 3 mins by Holo.

Group Leader
Someone will be really upset there’s no “DCC’d from IRC” :’(

I didn’t though, I’m not that hardcore.

Contributor
Batoto that has lost its glory of course

Is the poll stuck on voting or just me?

Contributor
I used to read manga on a frankly poorly made manga aggregate app if I was out. It was horrible, but Batoto's mobile interface was kind of bad. If I read at home, I'd use Batoto though. Mangadex's reader for both mobile and desktop is so much better! I don't need to use sketchyass apps as much anymore!

Miku best girl
Admin
Our site works pretty well on mobile phones.
The only thing we need to improve on is a way of letting users download and read offline. An app is planned for next year that will achieve this.

Other: I wasn't, actually. I got referred directly to here when I asked for a good site in an anime chat. =^.^=

Group Leader
I haven't read any manga at all recently besides the ones we've released, but I mostly used an app (rhymes with Clock) on my phone to read them. It used various sources at the time.
Nowadays, I think everything is hosted on their own website. Other than that, I settled with Batoto whenever I got around to read something while at the PC.
(Didn't even know Batoto had an app until I read this thread, lol.)

Edit: This would probably fall under "Dodgy aggregators" and not "Other" now when I think about it... orz

Dex-chan lover
First some low quality manga site with just Naruto and bleach? Then mangapanda, then mangahere. But they got super weird! All manga title pictures disappeared, reading got fucked by the ads, mangas disappeared due to copyright and I just got randomly logged in to some random account there o_O

Tried to find a good replacement and was very briefly on mangakakalot, before I just went with the best app option which was Manga Reader. Could add different manga from different sites. Not all was there but it keeps track on what I have read and when something updates etc.

MangaDex tho is heaven<3 easy to use and understand and have all them features that I like<3
I can add stuff to the reading list and plan to read as well as rate it. I can see latest updates and most popular updates by different hours.
And the page just next to the usual uploads, where all the manga that I follow gets and upload, fucking love it<3?

I was reading at multiple website, but mostly kissmanga. However, I was still reading a lot a manga outside of it. I was reading Championscan, lhtrans, bit of wowescans for their own content ( because they published a lot and it was faster to read on their website than to wait for kissmanga). My first one was onemanga before it shutdown, than I went to mangafox. I exclusively used mangaFox for about 2 years before finding kissmanga who feature the long stripe reader. Thus changing to kissmanga. Mangafox is also kinda falling apart, they don't have all manga nowadays. I've also red a lot from the cow. I'm sad his website shutdown but thankful for all his work. I was never fully loyal to kissmanga, I never make myself an account on their website, which I had done on mangafox and which I did on Mangadex. This is probably the major factor for which I did the change. Truthfully, at first I didn't create my account on mangadex because I like the site. It is actually the opposite, I create my account only because I hated the amalgam of all language making the pages so messy and I hated to have to chose my own setting each time. The weird new pop-up window on kissmanga did make a sound argument to slow down my visit to their site. I still uses their site though, I prefer their reader over mangadex's it is way more easy to zoom in and out from it using ctrl scroll on the cpu and by double-tap-slide on my phone unlike the one from mangadex. Another advantage of mangadex, though is the allegiance of scan team who decide to post directly on it instead of any other site. Isn't merakiscans doing that just now. They are lagging in server power which is the cause, but mangadex was still their choice over all the other... well here I am making a way too long comment! A big bye bye from a french from Montreal reading manga only in english.

Users who are viewing this thread