Image failed to load

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why I'm always getting message "image #n failed to load", even though I don't have any problem with my internet connection

Dex-chan lover
@Kerlishun Likely you had data saver on (Compressed images), go to your reader settings, set it back to loading Original images and you should be fine. Data saver mode is currently broken as said in announcement thread

Fed-Kun's army
How do I fix this when changing it from original to compressed or vice-versa doesn't work?

Edit: Changing it to NA/EU servers 1-2 or automatic doesn't work either

My fix was the opposite. I switched the data saver option from Original to Compressed and that fixed it. I have no idea why my fix was the complete opposite of someone else's, but well... it fixed the problem, at least.

Contributor
nothing fixes it. It's random. It's been like this for over a month.

Reload doesn't work most of the time. Same with switching between compressed/uncompressed.

Loading ch at a later time does work sometimes and other times always.

On average it's every 5-20 chapters(old chapters). New chapters are worse.

Firefox, Chromium, Vivaldi, Brave. All the same.

Double-page supporter
Been having the same issue as well. Sometimes, the chapter loads fine and then sometimes I have to reload for like 2 or 3 minutes before it finally loads correctly.

Dex-chan lover
Site is under attacked so some time chapters won't load. There's only so much MD can do so be patient. If you feel it's too bothersome, no one's stopping you from seeking other aggregator sites using adblock help.
https://mangadex.org/thread/432152/1/#post_4825913

Contributor
what about the rest of the month excluding current attack and image db down before.

Somehow it's absolute every time contrary to what is reported. Head meets sand.

Dex-chan lover
@SushiBentou
For me, aside from the database update + attack + peak time in South east asia area, other times I have no problems loading new or old chapters, on computer, android phone and kindle fire, so yeah, I don't know. Not saying individual problems can't happen, but the point stands that MD staffs are working as much as they can. It's not easy to maintain a site with tremendously increasing traffic due to other aggregator sites dying.

Dex-chan lover
I thought it might be a broken major-MD@h-host, but a ddos-attack would also explain the symptoms. :/

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread