Author Western fantasy novels/books that would make good mangas?
I've spent a long time reading a lot of literature before even knowing what manga even was and I'm sure there are many others here like me.

One of the things I like about a lot of the older pre-2000s western fantasy is it feels really refreshing after reading fantasy web novels and light novels since a lot of the tropes you see in Japanese fantasy light novels are nonexistent or in fact the opposite. What are some western Fantasy works you'd love to see in manga form? Of course, they would stick to recreating it properly without altering characters, belief systems, politics, etc.
@Falador being a fan of fantasy novels myself the list would be endless but my no. 1 would be Eragon. This story is too good for the bad movie adaptation. It saddened me that after the one movie it was buried and forgotten 😢
@IntrovertedJean I know its not manga but Eragon got a series of Graphic novels.
I loved “ children of the lamp” a series of 7 novels. Best of mystery, adventure and slice of life I ever read. Would love to see it as manga/ comic/ anime/ tv series or even movie.
@ArpanaR I think I read the Cobra King one a while ago. It was enjoyable.
>none of the cthulhu mythos is listed
hmmmmmmmmm

Mistborn
A Canticle for Leibowitz
Dune
I think A song of Ice and Fire done right could be a really great anime, because the live series is shit. The only people that like it are the ones that havent read the books.
@wowfucktron

How would you go about recreating the feeling of helplessness, tinyness, and fear that Lovecraft strives for and portraying it in a manga while doing it justice?
@Falador ohhh, i didn’t know that. I’ll look for it. Thanks for the info
Warhammer Fantasy

@Tamerlane

Yeah. I don't like a lot of the stupid tropes in manga either. I do enjoy the art styles the same as graphic novels. A lot of them are incompatable.
My favorite manga resemble books more than they do most popular manga, and I like both my books and my manga to be fictitious but grounded in reality, though I used to read a lot of fantasy books as a kid. I'd recommend Eragon, Pendragon (by D.J. Machale), Insignia, and Ender's Game for fantasy.
def Ready player 1!!!
> Dune

Nah, I don't think Dune or LotR or any other similar series would make good manga. No one would like literally hundreds of pages with zero action and just "blah-blah-blah". Well, you can of course drop out all that "blah-blah-blah" but then it wouldn't be Dune/LotR/whatever.
Last edited 1 day ago by BzzBzz.