Delicious in Dungeon World Guide: The Adventurer's Bible - Ch. 2 - Marcille

Dex-chan lover
thank you, I'm wondering how many sub-chapters/characters that will be covered in this manga,?

Dex-chan lover
Well, now we know she's 50 years old, and she's known to be cruel to ants

Dex-chan lover
I thought she'd be at least 100 years old.
50 is pretty young by elf standard, isn't it?

Dex-chan lover
Her mother, a full-blood elf, remarried... to a GNOME?

In every piece of fantasy fiction I have seen, an elf marrying a human is already treated as scandalous even in the most open-minded settings... but a gnome is a pairing I never would think seeing.

Marcille's reason for her objective is understandable but even if I am one of those that disagree a bit with the "dark magic" label, I have to say... I hope she quits, the specific topic she is tackling is just too sensitive for the natural balance more so when you see that what she wants is to "alter the difference in the life span", she is a good person but magic even if formulaic still has a way of screwing things over when these types of thinking are doing something completely different than what was intended.

5 in delusion..... yeah yeah, sounds about right.

Dex-chan lover
@reishiki I have seen examples where a 50 years old elf is practically a child yet, probably just entering adolescence. But I think in this story she would the equivalent of a young adult.

cgr

Dex-chan lover
@reishiki
@alacaelum
half-elves in dnd (and most other fantasy settings) have much shorter lifespans than elves

according to this dnd page: https://www.dndbeyond.com/races/half-elf
half elves can live over 180, so they have about twice human life span: conclusion marcille is around 25 in human years.

dnd elf lifespan: https://www.dndbeyond.com/races/elf 750 years (more than thrice half-elf lifespan)

Dex-chan lover
Hm, I wonder how old Marcille was when her mother remarried, but also it's interesting that her mother is the only one listed under family.

Dex-chan lover
Marciloe’s parents married when her dad was 32 and Marcille is 50. I feel like the average lifespan of the races were mentioned before in the story, but I can’t remember the particulars.

Dex-chan lover
I forgot she was half elf! but yeah is not really important in this story ... wait, it is! that's the reason she's studying after all! her father

Fed-Kun's army
Oh, Marcille... Fat ears with an even fatter... knowledge of ancient magic.

Dex-chan lover
page 1 : she loves seafoods , and big "nuts" , lol .

in this world , gnomes hate elf-s and elf-s hate gnomes because their races had some wars in the past , so it is weird that her mother re-marry a gnome . maybe this gnome m0lested his step-daughter , marcille , in the past , lol .

page 5 : the brat hobbit chic chac acts like that because : his wife dumped him -> he hates all girls .
to him , girls = romances = loves -> he hates all girls , lol .

Fed-Kun's army
@cgr In this specific setting it was stated by Thistle that half-breeds of long-lived and short-lived races have both variable life spans and variable growth rates, so it's feasible that Marcille could mature to adulthood at a rate closer to a human and yet still outlive a full-blooded Elf by centuries. It just varies from one individual to the next. It is one of the major drawbacks he pointed out, along with them being infertile.

Dex-chan lover
Marcille is half-elf?? That's explain why her design looks so much 'rounder' than the other elf.

Aggregator gang
oh she hates sureau because he's courting falin huh...

ty for the farcille crumbs

Users who are viewing this thread