Satoko to Nada - Vol. 2 Ch. 145 - Uniforms

Dex-chan lover
Super duper love when this updates, thank you so much Judy Scans <3

Dex-chan lover
@ShimizuA: You mean "monoethnic"/"ethnically homogenous" vs. "multiethnic", I think. Culture is just the ideas and behavioral customs that are shared between people; ethnicity is what plays more of a role in the last two panels, because the Japanese and Arabian ethnic groups predominantly exhibit black or dark brown hair colors, with light browns, blonde and red being very uncommmon or even practically nonexistent in the gene pool. Combine that with the two group's respective cultures' shared emphasis on social conformity, and you have a huge stigma on hair bleaching for being disruptive and a sign of excessive affection for foreign/exotic things.

Contributor
There's some controversy on dress code in schools, but at least hair has been pretty free. I had purple highlights for a while in high school, and my friend dyed her hair blue. Back when I was a freshman/sophomore, there was a punk group of the nicest guys. They would dye their hair bright colors and shave pictures into their heads. My favorite was this one guy who, for Christmas, dyed his spiky mohawk red and green, and put little santa hats on the ends

Users who are viewing this thread