Kitsune Spirit - Ch. 20

Dex-chan lover
Keep this up... Like this manga and started to think no one would keep translating this.

Dex-chan lover
who's this old bastard to chastise her, when they're actively breaking a rule they just named?

Dex-chan lover
I don't get why you would start explaining your reasoning to the race you distrust to the point where you don't want to get in the elevator with them. That's just dumb.

Feels like the author tried to cram too much exposition in too few pages

Dex-chan lover
Ahem, you guys should pay attention, it's an old woman... First page: "What is she going on about?"

Group Leader
She? The art and the attitude shouts 'male'. Is a gender-specific pronoun actually given in the original?

[Edit] I did some digging. The term used in the first reference to 'she' was:

こやつ = (pn,adj-no)
(1) (uk) (col) (derog) (fam) he/she/this fellow/this guy/this person/
(2) (uk) (col) (derog) (fam) this/this one/this thing/(int)
(3) (uk) (col) (derog) (fam) Hey, you!/You bastard!/Damn you!/

So basically, she was speaking down at the person in her mind ("What's with this turkey all of a sudden?"). But the gender of that person is not at all specified. It might be later, though.

The raws are here.

Aggregator gang
@rpapo
Bad attitude = man? No hips or chest on an old woman (in arguably baggy clothes) = man? Oh, so you're sexist and a misandrist. Good to know.

Aggregator gang
@agsilver
I think it's probably a man because he refers to himself as わし, which is normally used by old men from what I know.

https://jisho.org/word/%E5%84%82

Group Leader
You're right "washi" is usually used by older men and while not common it is used by women too. I don't know why but the person struck me as a woman honestly so I went with that. There are also no other context clues so I guess I went with my gut on this one?

Aggregator gang
Worst chapter of the series so far.... Guys like himself can go fuck himself. I would of left him to die if he could of fell through the elevator.

Users who are viewing this thread