Snow White with the Red Hair

Dex-chan lover
Good people well done. More fun in the beginning, more touching later on, I've become very fond of these characters and will follow them through thick and thin.

Akagamins is the more accurate translations who have been doing the series for a long time. Fallen Syndicate Scans releases are from the volume releases that have redone and improved artwork and use the translations from Akagamins with permission I believe. Impatient only recently started doing them. Impatient gets them out faster what is good but have a tendency to be loose with translations and take liberties. I guess if you were to go in order iof scan quality it be Fallen (though not sure they still active with the series) >Akagamins> impatient . It is a reverse order as far as release speed though as Akagamins tend to do transcripts fast but is kind of random with release rate and fallen waits for the higher quality volume releases assuming are still active.

@Heimdal soryy I'm not familiar with Akagamins group but NOOOOOOOO! Impatient Scans is the best! (mostly for skip beat) I do know about this manga get translated by both of them... one of them thinking the other steal, the other thinking otherwise so it's just complicated matter.

this is really confused, in mangaupdates it said the latest vol 20, while in wikipedia the latest vol 18 wtf!

jak

Contributor
The author was stupid. Mitsuhide and Kiki clearly love each other. HAVE THEM MARRY!!!!

Dex-chan lover
@Heimdal: Impatient doesn't have the best translation quality, but I don't think I can wait for others to catch up.

@natural-log: Hmm that name seems to be gone now. :)

@Heimdal: We started scanlating this manga because we're fans of this series. As fans, we don't like seeing English scans being LQ rips off of dm5. I mean, chinese groups are already really bad at cleaning, and dm5 lowers quality even worse and adds Chinese watermarks to them.

English fans deserve better, and hopefully we provide a noticeable cleaning quality difference between say... https://mangadex.org/chapter/85530/22 and http://kissmanga.com/Manga/Akagami-no-Shirayukihime/Akagami-no-Shirayukihime-088---Vol-012?id=374736#23 .
Also a noticeable typesetting quality difference between:
https://mangadex.org/chapter/85530/25 and
http://kissmanga.com/Manga/Akagami-no-Shirayukihime/Akagami-no-Shirayukihime-088---Vol-012?id=374736#26 .
We also translate, redraw, and typeset cover pages, which we feel sets a nice tone to start each chapter off! :)

Anyway, quality is subjective, but we think we like to think we put in a solid amount of effort into our product, which we scan ourselves.

Contributor
Where should I look for HQ translations of the first couple volumes?
I've tried multiple times in the past to get into this manga (in theory it's RIGHT up my alley with the historical fantasy romance!) but I've always had trouble getting past the first couple chapters. Perhaps it was the translation I was reading or I just really didn't like the characters in the beginning, but I always end up coming back to it to give it a try...

Group Leader
@Letheliah: I scanned the first two chapters but couldn't do any more chapters. I wouldn't say they're the best quality, but I think they are more clearer and easier to read than Aerandria's scans. I hope you enjoy them!

It's amazing how much the Kiki-Mitsuhide ship sinking killed my interest in this manga. =/

Dex-chan lover
What are the chances it's actually sunk forever? Japanese characters are always doing these "Duty, therefore I will ignore my personal feelings forevarrr!" things, and they hardly ever actually make it stick.

I really hope that Obi, Zen, and Shirayuki end up in a menage a trois. I honestly can't ship one over the other.

jak

Contributor
@Duckerby - Yeah, it was a stupid decision by the author for him to reject her considering how he's been for most of the story. Zen would probably welcome them being married.

I also think it was a stupid decision to have Shirayuki move to another castle and have her be away from Zen while becoming insanely close to Obi. I hope she doesn't develop feelings for him. Despite Obi loving her, he's also super loyal to Zen so who knows what will happen. I think the author will though eventually have Zen become jealous of their closeness and that will cause problems.

I loved this story and while I still like it, the author has made a lot of bad decisions lately.

Akatsuki no Yona way better than this.
No offense, but somehow, this manga lost its charm and I even don't know where the story will goes anymore.
It is plain, there is no ups and down except an unexpected route came from Kiki and Mitsuhide. Or out of the blue, love triangle between Zen-Shirayuki-Obi (well, not the first time actually, we already know since long ago)

But I think the author must do something to make it more interesting. Like intrigue politics, a little drama, or else.
I love this series as you know, but I hope the author manages better.

@goronyanpai well, of course Yona(manga) would have more thrill, it’s a thriller, you know?
This is slow paced, low-tension shoujo, even the big dramatic events are showed in the manga, seems somehow low-key, bcoz that’s what author ment. The anime had dramatised it a bit, added thrill and is much more cooler in some ways. I loved the anime(and that’s the reason I started reading this), but the manga’s tranquility is pretty awesome in its own ways, and it’s characters are all cool & have strong personalities to a moving extent. That’s pretty much unique to this manga.
Talking about Yona is a complete different thing, I love it for other reasons, that’s why, though they’re both shoujo they’re on completely different pages, they’re very different (tranquil & thriller are basically complete opposites), yet they have similarities like red-hair, princess, historic etc , so sometimes people confuse them as similar stories although their story-telling styles are completely different. They’re good for different reasons, ranking them based on the same standards would be pretty unfair.

i really hope kiki and mitsuhide end up together, and i'm sorry for people who ship shirayuki and obi but honestly i don't wanna see shirayuki develop romantic feeling for obi i don't want some ntr course here

Users who are viewing this thread