Read icon in not followed manga :not a bug:

Fed-Kun's army
vBpTZ4r.png
It's true that I've read it in the past (sorry) but, I'm sure never been following it and somehow it still managed to show the read icon.

Edit: forgot spoiler tag

VIP
Originally mangadex tracked all views, regardless if you were following or not.
These views weren't cleaned up with the update, resulting in the mentioned occurrence.

Custom title
Staff
Developer
Yeah, this isn't a bug. It's leftover data from before the tracking behaviour was changed, and since the dangling markers don't actually do any harm, they were just left alone.

Sorry for necromancing, but why is the "seen" icon only showed for followed titles?
it's inconvenient because for example I often read a few chapters before deciding whether to follow. Also I might not follow but come back later and not find the point where I stopped reading

Custom title
Staff
Developer
@mochi posted:

Sorry for necromancing, but why is the "seen" icon only showed for followed titles?
it's inconvenient because for example I often read a few chapters before deciding whether to follow. Also I might not follow but come back later and not find the point where I stopped reading
The system used to track read markers would be overwhelmed otherwise. However, it's being reworked so that tracking non-followed manga would be reasonably possible.

Users who are viewing this thread