Golden Kamuy - Vol. 27 Ch. 265 - Keyhole

Double-page supporter
So glad to get my Golden Kamuy fix. That Tsurumi panel with the brain fluid on page 16 is striking.

I never thought about it, but Tsurumi could speak Russian this whole time, way before he met Tsukishima. I guess Tsukishima's realizing that Tsurumi didn't even have a good reason to mindfuck him.

EDIT: Reading these other comments, I'm coming around to the explanation that Tsukishima's pissed that Tsurumi held onto the bones, while Tsukishima let go of Igogusa's hair.

Dex-chan lover
The tidbit about the studio sign was really interesting, more so that the author has gone to such length to use period-accurate letters, Noda-sensei really goes above and beyond to make his story, and as always your work translating and researching these pieces of information is much appreciated, really i dont have enough words for how much.

Oof that is some expression Tsukishima is making, a little more and that vein will pop but i can't remember exactly why would he is so angry, if it was hinted in the past the reason or it is a personal realization of his that makes him knowing that Tsurumi had a wife and daughter angry.

Dex-chan lover
Wonder whats got Tsukishima so bothered about Tsurumi having a family?

Is tsurumi speaking to Olga in Russian, or Japanese? Cus if it's in Russian, then
Tsukishima was played for no reason.

And he pissed of because liutenant tsurumi once a family. Holyshit. Tsukishima is something else

Double-page supporter
@NootBootSnoot They must be speaking Japanese, since Koito can follow the conversation. Tsurumi admitted to living in Russia and starting a family with a Russian woman, so I think that's enough evidence for Tsukishima to figure out that Tsurumi can speak Russian.

Aggregator gang
@ppp Him needing Tsukishima to speak Russian was always bullshit though, and Tsukishima knew it. He had him learn it as an excuse to get him out of prison, because soldiers who spoke Russian were valuable during the war, not because he truly needed a Russian interpreter, and I don't think Tsukishima ever had any assumptions to the contrary. No, I think Tsukishima's pissed for a different reason that isn't yet apparent.

Fed-Kun's army
We're in endgame now, I really wonder how many chapters are left. This could be over really soon.

@alacaelum @Bente_Koini I think he's mad because tsurumi manipulated him into throwing away what was special to him (igogusa) while tsurumi has been holding onto his reason for living this whole time and never told him about it-- not to mention that this personal grudge has secretly been his main motivation, and that it's not something big and noble. It could also be that now tsukishima realizes that tsurumi understands what it's like to experience the loss of people you love, and yet he still callously used tsukishima's pain to manipulate him.
Lots of options lol.

Might be a bit of a spoiler? But since I saw comments in ch. 264 that were worried about the fact that
Sofia killed Fina and Olga
; added scenes in the Tankobon show that it was probably
Wilk who shot them
There's an extra flashback and interaction (Asripa insists that the gold should be used for saving the Ainu, Tsurumi starts to get heated up and brain juice starts gushing down his face after mentioning the resemblance between Asripa and Wilk) between Asripa and Tsurumi in Chapter 211/Vol. 21 in the Tankobon.

In the flashback it shows Hasegawa/Tsurumi finding the bullet that killed his wife and child, and it's a small caliber round, a 7.62×38mmR from the Mosin-Nagant M1895 (I think?) that Wilk took from a Russian pursuer. It could've been a stray bullet shot by the Russian police, but most likely Fina and Olga were shot by Wilk. At least Tsurumi thinks it's Wilk judging from his reaction upon seeing her father's eyes in Asripa.
Seeing his reaction upon meeting her Tsurumi probably still thinks Sophia is to blame too for his family's death, but it's now clarified that it's not Sophia/Kiloranke who shot them and that Tsurumi knows that

Dex-chan lover
The reason Tsukishima's pissed is maybe the bones (maybe). They never showed this in the manga, but Tsukishima throws the bundle of Egogusa's hair away into the river, while Tsurumi still holds onto the bones of his family here. This is bad because, as we know, Tsukishima's a demon when he gets pissed off.

Also love to see that on page 7 Nikaidou holds the gun like that cos of his prosthetic arm

I wasn't expecting Tsurumi to just straight up identify himself to her yet here we are. That one panel with the photo is so damn good

Dang surprised to see Tsukushima react like that maybe he had a prior experience with "Hasegawa" before?

@NootBootSnoot @ppp

Tsukishima learned to speak Russian (along with Ogata) from Tsurumi so he already knows that Tsurumi is fluent in Russian.

Q50 from here: https://piduai.tumblr.com/post/635250363871657984/qa-section-from-the-golden-kamuy-fanbook

@nousernames
Not that I know of, sorry. The official translated version on Kindle might have it but don’t know if there’s a website that scans the tankobon releases.

Users who are viewing this thread